The Samsung SVS-5R-8TB RAID 5 HDD Extension Unit is a high-capacity external storage device, to compliment Samsung Techwin's DVR range. It supports multiple RAID configurations, which offer enhanced data protection, as well as improved availability of data by optimal distribution across the disk array.
Designed as a 19” (482.6mm) rack mount unit, this eSATA (external SATA) storage device can be easily mounted in a cabinet along with DVR units. To achieve space efficiency, it is 1U high equipped with slots for a maximum of 4 SATA hard drives. Featuring the hot-swap drive bay option, the SVS-5R enables easy hard drive replacement when errors occur.
When configuring the SVS-5R to RAID1, RAID0+1, RAID5, or RAID5+Hotstandby, you can replace SATA hard drives and then rebuild the RAID array when one or more connected SATA hard drives fail. It offers various levels of RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks) to provide enhanced data stability and overall system performance. This unit uses RAID 5 technology that offers robust data protection and storage capacity across 3 or more disk drives. Moreover, it also ensures that data recovery is done in the event of 1 disk failure.
Note! RAID technology employs storing redundant data across multiple disk drives to ensure storage reliability against possible data loss. A redundant array of 2 or more physical disk drives comprises a functional disk drive, the exact setup of which categorizes it into one of the several levels of RAID configurations.
- Maximum transfer speed of 3.0 Gb/s (SATA II) - D1 480 fps record and display frame rate
- Install up to 4 SATA hard drives (250GB to 1TB)
- Choose from multiple RAID configurations
- Hot-swappable disk drive bays
- Front LCD for RAID status display
- USB port for RAID configuration
- Supports RAID0, RAID1, RAID0+1, RAID5, and RAID5+Hotstandby
- Error alarm with sound and light
- Mute switch for error alarm
- Supports plug and play and hot plug
- Maximized space efficiency and disk capacity
- Expandable for more storage
- Supported Devices: SVS-3200, SVR-1680, SVR-1645, SVR-960, SVR-945
- Certifications: CE (Class A), FCC (Class A), UL / cUL Listed