Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 Student & Teacher Edition for Mac (Download) provides a visual, intuitive interface and the tools you need to develop cutting-edge websites and mobile & web applications, all the while generating clean, industry-standard CSS3 and HTML5 code. To keep you from getting buried in code, the program now features fluid grid layout, which accommodates designing for various display sizes from desktop monitors to mobile devices.
The CS6 version of Dreamweaver offers several other enhancements over previous versions. There's improved support for FTP so you can batch-transfer associated files as you publish projects. Dreamweaver CS6 adds jQuery code hinting, which makes it easier to add interactivity to websites and. jQuery includes starter templates for mobile phones. You can now animate changes to CSS properties as transitions, which adds dynamic elements to your website.
The Multiscreen Preview panel lets you design for any screen, including smart phones, tablets, and larger monitors. Designing apps for Android and Apple iOS gets a huge assist from the program's PhoneGap Build framework, which converts existing HTML into a mobile application. A provided emulator can be used to test the layouts. Dreamweaver CS6 also offers a live view that enables you to check your web pages before publishing – the WebKit rendering engine supports the display of HTML5 content.
New for CS6
- Fluid Grid Layout
- Construct complex web designs and layouts without getting buried in code. Fluid grid layouts help you design projects that present on different screen sizes for desktops and devices.
- Improved FTP Performance
- Save time uploading larger files with the reengineered, multi-threaded FTP transfer tool. Upload site files faster and more efficiently to speed up production time.
- Business Catalyst Integration
- Use the integrated Business Catalyst panel in Dreamweaver software to connect and edit sites you build with Adobe Business Catalyst (available separately as an Adobe CS Live online service). Build e-commerce sites with the hosted solution.
- Enhanced jQuery Mobile Support
- Build native mobile apps for iOS and Android platforms using the updated support for jQuery mobile framework. Build apps to reach mobile audiences while streamlining your mobile development workflow.
- Updated Adobe PhoneGap Build Support
- Easily build and package native apps for Android and iOS with updated support for the Adobe PhoneGap Build framework. Create mobile apps by repurposing existing HTML code. Use PhoneGap emulators to check your designs.
- CSS3 Transitions
- Animate changes to CSS properties as transitions to bring web designs to life. Maintain greater control over web design as you finesse page elements and create captivating effects.
- Updated Live View
- Test pages before publishing using updated Live View functionality. Live View now uses the latest version of the WebKit rendering engine to provide the ultimate in HTML5 support.
- Updated Multiscreen Preview Panel
- Check the display of projects built for smart phones, tablets, and desktops with the updated Multiscreen Preview panel. This enhanced panel now enables you to check the rendering of HTML5 content.
- PhoneGap Build Support
- Build and package native apps for Android and iOS with the Adobe PhoneGap Build framework. Convert existing HTML into a mobile phone app within Dreamweaver software using Adobe PhoneGap. Test layouts with the provided emulator.