Adobe Flash Professional CS6 Student & Teacher Edition for Mac (Download) is a powerful professional tool for creating interactive content – including apps, videos, and games – for both web browsers and mobile devices. Flash Professional CS6 includes all the functionality of the previous versions, which have established the program as an indispensible tool for animation, for game development, for drawing, and for developing, testing & deploying content for a broad range of mobile devices.
New for the CS6 version of Flash Pro is wider support for mobile platforms, including Android and Apple iOS. The software enables you to target Flash Player and Adobe AIR runtimes – AIR 3.2 provides a solution for creating content for iOS. By delivering apps with a prepackaged Adobe AIR captive runtime, you ensure that users no longer have to download additional software. The software also now generates sprite sheets, which is crucial for Flash game development.
The software provides all the nuts and bolts you need for building and vetting elegant machinery for all today's various forms of the web. Pixel-precise drawing tools include Smart Shapes for faster content creation, and the advanced text engine provides print-quality typography APIs. Code-completing features help you code in ActionScript, and with XML-based FLA source files, you can collaborate easily. Character animation with inverse kinematics and sophisticated video tools round out Flash Professional CS6.
New for CS6
- Wide Platform & Device Support
- Reach devices that run on Android and iOS platforms by targeting the latest Adobe Flash Player and Adobe AIR runtimes.
- Sprite Sheet Generation
- Export symbols and animation sequences to quickly generate sprite sheets that help improve the gaming experience, workflow, and performance.
- Prepackaged Adobe AIR Application Creation
- Create and deliver applications with a prepackaged Adobe AIR captive runtime. Streamline application testing and enable end users to run your content without additional downloads.
- Platform- & Device-Specific Access
- Use prebuilt native extensions that provide access to platform- or device-specific capabilities, such as battery level and vibration.
- Adobe AIR Mobile Simulation
- Simulate common mobile application interactions like screen orientation, touch gestures, and accelerometer to help speed up testing.
- Stage 3D Targeting
- Turbo-charge rendering performance by using direct mode to leverage the open-source Starling Framework for hardware-accelerated 2D content.
- Multiple AIR SDK Support
- Add multiple Adobe AIR software development kits (SDKs) with a menu command that helps you create new publishing targets more easily.
- Industry-Leading Animation Tools
- Create and edit motion tweens using the Timeline and Motion Editor, and use inverse kinematics to create natural motion for character animation.
- Advanced Drawing Tools
- Design artwork more precisely and efficiently with smart shapes and powerful design tools.
- ActionScript Editor
- Streamline development with the built-in ActionScript editor that features custom-class code hinting and code completion. Efficiently reference your own or external code libraries.
- Efficient Mobile Development Workflows
- Manage FLA project files that target multiple devices. Share code and assets across documents and device targets to efficiently create, test, package, and deploy content for a wide range of screens and devices.
- XML-Based FLA Source Files
- Collaborate on projects more easily with an XML-based implementation of the FLA file format. Uncompressed projects act like folders, allowing you to quickly manage and modify assets.
- Code Snippets Panel
- Help speed up project completion by using convenient prewritten code snippets for common actions, animation, multitouch gestures, and more. Also discover an easier way to learn how to program in ActionScript.
- Advanced Text Engine
- Get global bidirectional language support and advanced print-quality typography APIs via the Text Layout Framework. Maintain layout with greater fidelity when importing content from other Adobe applications.
- Creative Suite Integration
- Perform roundtrip edits of bitmap images with Adobe Photoshop CS6, and integrate closely with Adobe Flash Builder 4.6.