The 960GB Mercury Accelsior_E2 PCI Express SSD from OCW / Other World Computing is designed to meet the demanding needs of video editing for creative professionals.
With high data transfer speeds, this unit offers fast boot-up time and app launch, which is suitable for gaming and entry level server applications. The use of SandForce technology ensures that data is protected and drive health is maintained for better data retention.
Note! The use of 2 or more Accelsior SSDs require OS X 10.6.8 or later.
Bootcamp: 2008 Mac Pro (with model ID MacPro3,1) only supported in PCIe slots #3 & #4.
All Models: To boot Windows via Bootcamp on Accelsior_E2, only one Accelsior_E2 SSD can be installed.
- Boot, Launch, Create, and Save Faster
- With simultaneous internal and external storage performance, the Mercury Accelsior_E2 offers an optimum combination of speed, capacity, and connectivity. With near instantaneous boots and app launches, it enables you to start and save your work faster. The Accelsior_E2 utilizes the PCIe slot in Mac Pros and PC towers, to deliver speeds of up to 820 Mb/s. When your work is completed, you can transfer it for backup or archival purposes at speeds of up to 600 Mb/s via the 2 eSATA expansion ports to any external storage device with an eSATA port.
- Boost Entry-Level Server and Gaming
- In addition to video-editing and multimedia creation / management deployment, the Accelsior_E2 delivers optimum performance for entry-level servers and even gaming applications. With up to 100,000 IOPS, business-critical applications like online transaction processing databases are given an instant boost. For gamers, Accelsior_E2's speed reduces game level-loading, object streaming, and saves time for more playing and less waiting.
- And Laptops, Mac mini, and iMac
- With an external PCIe expansion chassis, such as the OWC Helios (sold separately), you can enjoy the Accelsior_E2's performance benefits with any Thunderbolt port equipped Mac or PC.
- Efficient, Reliable, and Upgradeable SSD Blades
- The Accelsior_E2's SandForce Driven SSD blades provide a more responsive and productive computing experience with cooler, quieter, and more energy-efficient operation. The unit also uses the SandForce RAISE technology that provides RAID-like data redundancy protection and reliability. With the installation of higher capacity Mercury Accelsior SSD blades, you'll be able to meet expanding storage needs with ease.
- Easy-to-Install, Robust, & U.S. Built
- The Accelsior can be easily installed. This unit is designed and built in the U.S. from domestic and imported parts and is robust enough to handle the rigors of pro environments.
- Adds up to 32TB Externally with 2 eSATA Expansion Ports
- In addition to the ultimate SSD upgrade, the Accelsior_E2 adds 2 eSATA storage expansion interfaces to any Mac Pro. Achieve faster than internal drive speeds with up to 600 Mb/s performances per drive.
- Choose Between RAID or Single Drives
- A variety of single and multi-drive RAID solutions can be connected via Accelsior_E2's two eSATA expansion ports. You can also create a RAID array with Apple's Disk Utility, SoftRAID, or various software RAID applications for PCs.