The A85XM-A Motherboard from ASUS is a mATX form factor motherboard. It features dual-channel DDR3 memory support and accelerates data transfer rates up to 5 GTps. The motherboard supports AMD Radeon Dual Graphics, an exclusive technology only available to AMD platforms. It allows AMD APUs (Accelerated Processing Units) and selected AMD Radeon HD 6000 series graphics cards to work together, delivering an unrivalled 3D gaming graphics quality and performance.The motherboard features USB 3.0 connections with the exclusive USB 3.0 Boost technology. It also provides native HDMI and DVI support to serve your home entertainment needs perfectly. The AMD A85X FCH natively supports next-generation SATA storage interface. The motherboard delivers data transfer rates up to 6 Gbps. Using the AMD A85X chipset, the motherboard employs precise digital voltage regulation for the APU, called DIGI+ VRM* (Voltage Regulation Modules) digital power design. The APU voltage is adjusted via either carefully developed automated modes or by using user-defined profiles. The effect is that DIGI+ VRM technology ensures greater energy efficiency and the most precise power delivery.
APU, FCH and Graphics Features
- AMD A-Series Accelerated Processor with AMD Radeon HD 7000/8000 Series Graphics
- The motherboard supports AMD A-series accelerated processor with AMD Radeon HD 7000/8000 series graphics cards. This revolutionary APU (Accelerated Processing Unit) combines processing power and advanced DirectX 11 graphics in a small, energy-efficient design to enable accelerated performance and an industry-leading visual experience. It features dual-channel DDR3 memory support and accelerates data transfer rates up to 5 GTps.
- AMD A85X FCH (Hudson D4)
- AMD A85X FCH (Hudson D4) is designed to support up to 5 GTps interface speed and PCIe 2.0 x 16 graphics. It natively supports 8 x SATA 6 Gbps ports and 4 x USB 3.0 ports.
- AMD Dual Graphics Technology
- AMD Radeon Dual Graphics is an exclusive technology only available to AMD platforms. It allows AMD APUs and selected AMD Radeon HD 6000 series graphics cards to work together, delivering an unrivalled 3D gaming graphics quality and performance. By combining both the discrete and integrated graphics processors, gamers can now enjoy faster and smoother frame rates on any latest gaming titles.
- AMD Eyefinity Technology
- Supporting multiple independent display outputs simultaneously, AMD Eyefinity technology delivers innovative graphics display capabilities, enabling massive desktop workspaces and ultra-immersive visual environments for the ultimate panoramic computing experience.
ASUS Exclusive Features
- ASUS Home Entertainment Motherboard
- ASUS A85XM-A features USB 3.0 connections with exclusive USB 3.0 Boost technology as well as native HDMI and DVI support to serve your home entertainment needs perfectly. With a slower transfer interface, HD video and audio files can become choppy or lag, ruining your HD entertainment experience.
- HDMI and DVI Outputs
High-Definition Visual Enjoyment
Enjoy high-quality visuals with a digital display monitor via HDMI or DVI output.
- ASUS Exclusive USB 3.0 Boost Technology
1.3x Faster than Traditional USB 3.0
With USB 3.0 Boost technology, USB transfer speeds are significantly increased up to 1.3x, enhancing an already impressive USB 3.0 transfer rate. ASUS software automatically accelerates data speeds for compatible USB 3.0 peripherals without the need for any further user configuration.
- DIGI+ POWER CONTROL: Digital Power Design for the APU
- Using the AMD A85X chipset, this motherboard employs precise digital voltage regulation for the APU, called DIGI+ VRM* (Voltage Regulation Modules) digital power design. The APU voltage is adjusted via either carefully developed automated modes or by using user-defined profiles. DIGI+ VRM technology ensures greater energy efficiency and the most precise power delivery. Boosted by world-renowned ASUS quality, it creates an ideal computing platform for a diverse range of applications, from gaming to multimedia or office work and heavy multi-tasking. Engineered and tested to assure unmitigated performance, this motherboard with DIGI+ VRM remains efficient and accurate, for reliable application in every scenario. 1
- Superior Components, Excellent Quality and Durability
100% All High-Quality Solid Capacitors
ASUS high-quality solid capacitors assure a 5,000 hours lifespan, equivalent to 2.5 times longer than traditional capacitors. All capacitors pass testing under temperatures as high as 105° and meet Japanese Industrial Standards to provide excellent durability and enhanced thermal capacity.
Extra Durable Stainless Steel Back I/O
The motherboard's back I/O panels are made from strong and corrosion-resistant stainless steel, which is bonded with a thin layer of chromium oxide to enhance anti-corrosion properties. Thus, the stainless steel back I/O panels have a usage life three times longer compared to ordinary panels.
- USB 3.0 Support
- Experience ultra-fast data transfer rates at 4.8 Gbps with USB 3.0 standard. Built to connect easily with next-generation components and peripherals, USB 3.0 transfers data 10x faster and is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 components.
- Native SATA 6 Gbps Support
- The AMD A85X FCH natively supports next-generation SATA storage interface. The motherboard delivers data transfer rates up to 6 Gbps. Additionally, you get enhanced scalability, faster data retrieval and double the bandwidth of current bus systems.
- Network iControl
Real-Time Network Bandwidth Control
With a single-click on/off button, the application currently in use has its data and network bandwidth prioritized over other programs. Moreover, you can prioritize your favorite software easily by configuring profiles through the intuitive user interface. Within the profile, programs can be pre-scheduled to run in a specific time period to avoid network congestion and long waits on downloads. Auto PPPoE network connection provides a one-step setup for enhanced online convenience. Overall, it's an intuitive network bandwidth control center.
- AI Suite II
One Stop Access to Innovative ASUS Features
With its user-friendly interface, ASUS AI Suite II consolidates all the exclusive ASUS features into one simple-to-use software package. It allows you to supervise overclocking, energy management, fan speed control, voltage and sensor readings. This all-in-one software offers diverse and easy-to-use functions, with no need to switch back and forth between different utilities.
- UEFI BIOS
ASUS UEFI BIOS offers mouse-controlled graphical BIOS designed with selectable modes, providing a user-friendly interface that goes beyond traditional keyboard-only controls. It also natively supports fully-utilized hard drives larger than 2.2TB in 64-bit operating systems.
ASUS Exclusive Interface
EZ mode displays frequently-accessed information. You can choose system performance settings and drag and drop boot priorities. Advanced mode for performance enthusiasts includes detailed DRAM settings via a dedicated memory info page for complete insight.
Quick and Easy Info for Enhanced System Control
F12 BIOS snapshot hotkey for sharing UEFI setup info and troubleshooting.
F3 shortcut for most accessed information.
ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) Information for accessing memory information, detecting faulty DIMMs and helping with difficult POST situations.
- ASUS Anti-Surge Protection
Anti-Surge Protection design detects overvoltage conditions and prevents voltage surges from spreading in real-time. It also actively cuts off the overvoltage supply to protect the system.
Real-time overvoltage detection.
Active protection against potential damage to your motherboards and systems.
- Windows 8 Ready
- With hardware driver compatibility tested and assured, ASUS A85XM-A motherboard supports Windows 8. It thus allows you to experience the next generation operating system on ASUS hardware and rest assure that they can easily upgrade once the final driver versions are released without any compatibility issues.
The motherboard is European Union´s Energy-related Products (ErP) ready and ErP requires products to meet certain energy efficiency requirements in regards to energy consumption. This is in line with ASUS vision of creating environment-friendly and energy-efficient products through product design and innovation to reduce carbon footprint of the product and thus mitigate environmental impacts.