The 120GB Accelsior_E2 SSD with Mercury Helios Thunderbolt PCIe Expansion from OWC/Other World Computing is an ultimate all-in-one drive storage expansion that combines a Mercury Helios Thunderbolt PCIe expansion chassis with dual Thunderbolt ports and a high-performance 120GB Accelsior_E2 Solid State Drive (SSD). It offers hyper-fast SSD speeds with Thunderbolt-enabled Mac systems. You can connect multiple Thunderbolt devices and add up to 32TB of external storage with 2 high-speed eSATA expansion ports. You can also connect any eSATA external drive to this expansion; from portables to desktop to rack mounts.Inside the Helios expansion chassis resides the pure power of the Accelsior_E2 SSD. With high speed, large capacity, rugged durability and 2 eSATA expansion ports, it allows you to add more storage as needed.The expansion is the perfect performance upgrade to any Thunderbolt-enabled Mac system. It helps you boost your Photoshop, Final Cut Pro and Avid Pro Tools workflow. With up to 100,000 IOPS and data rate of 639 MB/s, business-critical production apps are given an instant boost in speed, giving you more time to explore, experiment and finish your projects.
Note! When using an external eSATA drive via an Accelsior_E2 eSATA port, Sleep mode must be disabled at this time.
- Connects up to 6 Thunderbolt devices and 1 display
- It features ventilated cooling with a variable speed fan
- Mac Friendly
- The Accelsior_E2 is a Mac-bootable and Mac-supported PCIe Solid State Drive with eSATA ports
- The Solid State Drive is durable; you can go anywhere with the lightweight aluminum enclosure
- It automatically powers on/off with the Thunderbolt-connected computer. It is hot-pluggable; you can connect and disconnect while the unit is on. In addition, it is bus-powered