The DHP-W311AV PowerLine AV 500 Mini Adapter Starter Kit from D-Link combines PowerLine Networking with Wireless N functionality. This adapter kit includes one PowerLine AV+ Mini Adapter and one PowerLine AV+ Wireless N Mini Network Extender to simplify the process of extending your current Internet connection through existing electrical wiring to create or extend a Wireless N network.
This plug-and-play kit is easy to set up. Simply plug in the PowerLine AV+ Mini Adapter to a power outlet and connect it to your router via the included Ethernet cable. Once the PowerLine AV+ Mini Adapter is connected, plug in the PowerLine AV+ Wireless N Mini Extender to a room in which you want extended wireless network coverage. Once configured you can take advantage of data speeds up to 500 Mbps through a PowerLine connection and Wireless N Speeds up to 300 Mbps.
- Simultaneously Extend Your Wi-Fi and Wired Networks
- The PowerLine AV 500 Wireless N Mini Adapter Starter Kit expands your wired and wireless networks by transforming your home's existing electrical wiring into a high-speed network. Easily add computers, entertainment systems and other devices to your home network. Connect the PowerLine adapter to your router's Ethernet port and plug it into a power outlet to turn every other outlet in your home into a possible network connection. Then plug the wireless extender into an outlet in a different part of your home to extend your Wi-Fi network to the hard-to-reach areas of your home.
- Data Transmission Over Electrical Wiring
- The D-Link DHP-311AV PowerLine AV 500 Wireless N Mini Starter Kit, compliant with the HomePlug AV standard, uses your home's existing electrical wiring to create a network or extend your existing network. It turns nearly any power outlet into a potential network connection to access digital media devices, game consoles, print servers, computers, and network storage devices throughout your home. Additionally, Wireless N provides high speed transfers without the need for network cables.
- Faster Wireless Speeds and Wider Operational Range
- The Wireless N Technology incorporated into this PowerLine product offers increased speed and range beyond standard 802.11g technology. Initial wireless setup can be accomplished quickly, thanks to a convenient setup wizard. WPA and WPA2 encryption keep your network traffic safe and secure.
- Secure Connections and Ease of Use
- The DHP-W311 AV features WPA/WPA2 and WEP wireless encryption to ensure a secure wireless connection. The DHP-W311 AV features a Common Connect button to easily set up either a wireless connection through WPS, or create a secure PowerLine connection. Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) by PIN is also supported.
- Ideal for Bandwidth Intensive Applications
- This kit is capable of delivering data transfer speeds up to 500 Mbps and Wireless N speeds of up to 300 Mbps. This rapid transmission speed makes it ideal for bandwidth-intensive applications. In addition, it prioritizes Internet traffic, ensuring that multimedia applications do not experience glitches while web surfing and downloads are in progress. This device provides ample network bandwidth, enabling digital home consumers to tap into their existing electrical wiring for high-quality multimedia streaming.
- Convenient Setup and Secure Operation
- The DHP-W311 AV plugs directly into a power outlet, and does not require additional cables. Extend your home network by connecting multiple devices to the farthest corners of your home via an Ethernet cable or Wireless N connectivity. For convenient setup, wired or wireless encryption keys can be quickly configured with the push of a button on the top of the device. The adapter implements 128-bit AES data encryption to protect your network from unauthorized access. With hassle-free 'plug and play' installation, this is an ideal solution to create a wall-to-wall home network.