The Reason 7 Educational Version Music Recording & Production Software for Mac/PC from Propellerhead Software comes in a multi-user pack (10-pack) for use on any computer on a school’s network. Multi-license packs can be combined for the number of simultaneous students you need to provide for. This 10-pack software is suitable for use on multiple computers with network authorization.
The software comes with MIDI out support to bring the sound of your favorite hardware synths and beat machines to the Reason rack. MIDI is handled by the new External MIDI Instrument device, fully integrated into the software’s environment. Automating MIDI equipment from the software’s sequencer or even from control voltages in the Reason rack is easy to set up.
The Reason 7 software lets you have creative control over your audio recordings. Record your instruments and let the software automatically slice the recording into single notes or hits. Use it to quantize an audio take, to tweak your timing, or to drastically change the recording with the software’s time stretch. The sliced up audio can also be converted to REX files for playback and for further treatment in the software’s Dr. Octo Rex Loop Player, its samplers, or the Kong Drum Designer.
For increased control of your mixes, the software now has a built-in spectrum analyzer window, giving you instant visual feedback on the selected channel or bus. The new Spectrum EQ window combines a spectrum analyzer with a graphic EQ overlay controlling the mixer’s EQ. You can easily adjust the EQ on your tracks from anywhere in the program.
Audiomatic Retro Transformer is a psycho-acoustic future retro effect with plenty of personality. Add Audiomatic to any instrument, channel, group, or the whole mix, and select one of the 16 snapshots, like Tape, VHS, vinyl, gadget or even MP3, to sprinkle audio magic over your tracks.
The Reason 7 Music Recording & Production Software comes with Soft Key Authorization, Kong Drum Designer, Thor Polysonic Synthesizer, NN19 Sampler, NN-XT Advanced Sampler, Malström Graintable Synthesizer, Dr. Octo Rex Loop Player, Redrum Pattern-Based Drum Machine, Subtractor Analog Subtractive Synthesizer, ID-8 Songwriter's Toolbox, Combinator for Building Chains of Instruments, Effects, and Pattern Sequencers, Alligator Triple Channel Pattern-based Gate, Pulveriser Distortion, Compressor, and Envelope Follower Module, The Echo High Quality Stereo Echo, Neptune Pitch Corrector and Voice Synthesizer, Audiomatic Retro Transformer, Line 6 Virtual Guitar Amplifier, Line 6 Virtual Bass Amplifier, RV-7 Digital Reverb, DDL-1 Digital Delay Line, D-11 Foldback Distortion, ECF-42 Envelope-controlled Filter, DF-101 Chorus/Flanger, PH-90 Phaser, COMP-01 Compressor, PEQ2 2-band EQ, RV7000 Advanced Reverb, Scream 4 Sound Destruction Unit, BV512 Vocoder with 4 to 512 Bands and Equalization, UN16 Unison, 4-Band Mastering EQ, Dual Band Stereo Imager, Stereo Compressor with Sidechain Input, Soft-knee Mode and CV out, and Maximizer with Look-ahead and Soft Clip.
Note: Ignition Key not included. You can add your Reason and Rack Extension licenses to a single computer, for offline use. This way you can use Reason without being connected to the Internet.
Whatever Your Music Needs, Reason 7 Software Has a Rack for That
- Build your songs in the software's sequencer with the included synths, samplers, loop players, and drum machines. Add guitar, vocals, MIDI synths, or record your entire band. Finish your tracks in the built-in mixing console. With an inspiring sound bank and intuitive flow, the software catalyzes your creative process. Easy to get started with and as deep as you want it to be, the software keeps you focused on your music. When you're looking for creative options, Rack Extensions come to the rescue. Expand your virtual rack with new instruments and effects created by Propellerhead and other developers from modern effects to vintage instruments.
- At the heart of the software is a virtual rack that builds itself as you create your song. Create instruments and effects and route them the way you want. Add, delete, replace, and tweak your tracks. Choose a synth, a drum machine, a loop player, or any device from the Create menu and it will instantly appear in your rack, logically patched into the signal chain. A single keystroke will turn Reason's rack around. All audio connections are made automatically. When a new device is created it's automatically patched in for you. If you want to go deep, re-patch by dragging the patch cord plug to the desired connector.
- The powerful yet easy to use sequencer comes with all the editing features you need. Capture MIDI performances and automation, record and overdub audio, or draw in your notes with the mouse. Mistakes can be corrected, adjusted, or quickly spliced together from multiple takes. If your play is too tight, use the software's ReGroove Mixer to add more feel to your song. With the software's time stretch, you can record first and pick your tempo later. With audio transpose, you can even record first and change the key later. Change the tempo of your song on the fly, and the audio follows right along in real time. Change the pitch non-destructively, correct the timing of your audio recording, or use the automatic audio-slicing to turn your performance into something new. Resample your audio recording as REX files, and continue working with your sounds and loops in the rack.
- When finalizing your song, the software's mixer gives your tracks that big studio sound right out of your computer. The mixer is modeled after the SSL 9000k analog mixing desk, with flexible routing, full dynamics, EQ, advanced effects handling, full automation, groups and parallel channels, and master-bus compression. The spectrum analyzer window with visual EQ control makes it easy to fine-tune the sound of your tracks from anywhere in the program.
- When you're looking for creative options, Rack Extensions help you out. From modern effects to vintage instruments, expand your virtual rack with new instruments and effects created by Propellerhead and other developers. Rack Extensions are full Reason rack citizens, giving you the same fully integrated experience as when using any of the included synths, effects and utilities.
Mixing Console Features
- The mixing console offers the following features: Complete channel strip for every instrument and audio channel; gain; 4-band EQ; 8 send effects slots; insert effect slot; dynamics section with compressor and gate; Lo-pass and hi-pass filters; spectrum analyzer; master compressor with side chain input; group channels; and parallel channels.
- The software offers unlimited audio recording and instrument channels. Rack Extension technology lets you expand your collection of instruments and effects with the devices you want. It comes with a huge factory sound bank, with patches for all Reason's devices, samples, and loops, and offers a fully featured high-precision multitrack sequencer with Blocks mode and audio comping tools. This software allows for high quality real-time time stretch and audio transpose. Its Audio Slicing and Audio Quantize features allow you to correct the timing of your audio recordings. Convert recorded or imported audio in the sequencer into REX loops for further sound manipulation. MIDI instrument output allows you to control synths, samplers, and keyboards from Reason's sequencer and MIDI clock output allows you to sync hardware to Reason. With Advanced exporting, you can export your separate mixer channels as individual audio stems, including effects and tempo track. The software also allows for live sampling on all Sampler devices. Its other features also include RPG-8 Monophonic Arpeggiator, ReGroove Mixer real-time groove console, Matrix pattern-based sequencer, 14:2 mixer w/ EQ and effects send/return, 6:2 channel stereo line mixer, Spider Audio Merger & Splitter, Spider Control Voltage Merger & Splitter, and ReWire support. The Reason 7 software allows for remote mapping to external MIDI controllers and hardware control surfaces, and supports all major file formats, from .wave and .aiff to .mp3 and more. Real-time sample rate and bit depth conversion allows for importing any audio into Reason without issues. Multicore support and 64-bit compatibility makes Reason fast and powerful on any computer.