The black VAIO Fit 14E SVF14212CXB 14" Notebook Computer from Sony is built with the features and performance you need every day to stay connected and be entertained. The VAIO Fit 14E features a stylish design with a backlit keyboard and a touchpad with multi-touch support.
The 14" widescreen display is LED backlit, which is more energy efficient than CCFL backlighting. The display also has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a HD+ 1600 x 900 native resolution powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000. You can also output video to an external display via the HDMI port.
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 1.9GHz Intel Core i3-3227U processor. It also has 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3L RAM, a 500GB 5400rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, a Secure Digital (SD) media card reader, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with Intel High Definition Audio support and ClearAudio+ technology.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
Sony VAIO Fit 14E
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i3 Performance
- The VAIO Fit 14E houses an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i3-3227U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.9GHz. With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache, 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3L RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to multitask between applications quickly and efficiently
- 14" Widescreen LED-Backlit Display
- The 14" widescreen display utilizes LED backlight technology, which is more energy efficient than their CCFL counterparts. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a HD+ 1600 x 900 native resolution provided by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000. You can also output video to an external display, such as a HDTV, via the HDMI port
- ClearAudio+ Sound
- ClearAudio+ combines Sony's unique sound processing technologies like xLOUD, Clear Phase and S-Force Front Surround Sound for clear and bold sound. With ClearAudio+, you'll hear dynamic bass and soaring highs with less distortion for an immersive listening experience
- Full Connectivity
- For Internet access, you have a choice of using the built-in 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 jack or go wireless with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi. You can use Bluetooth 4.0 to wirelessly connect to all your peripherals, such as a wireless mouse or keyboard. The HDMI port allows you to output video to an HDTV
- Near Field Communication (NFC)
- Quickly share music and websites with compatible devices. See the same website that's on your smartphone from your Sony VAIO computer. With NFC (Near Field Communication), it all happens by simply tapping compatible devices together on the touch icon. Please note that both devices must have NFC in order for the data sharing to work
- The Handiest Port Around
- Forgot to charge your phone or mp3 player? Just plug your device via USB cord into the USB sleep charge port and start charging. Even if this Sony VAIO notebook is shut down and not plugged in you can still use it. And don't forget that the USB 3.0 port is perfect for connecting a compatible external hard drive and allowing you to wait less and transfer data up to 10x faster than USB 2.0
- Rapid Wake
- With Sony's own Rapid Wake technology, you never have to shut down your computer again. Simply close the lid to put this Sony VAIO notebook into sleep mode. Then, when you're ready to start again, resume in 2 seconds with your data safe and secure. If you are unplugged, don't worry about draining your battery. This Sony VAIO notebook can stay in sleep mode for days
- Sony Imagination Studio VAIO Edition
Included are four powerful Sony applications:
- Movie Studio Platinum
- ACID Music Studio
- Sound Forge Audio Studio
- DVD Architect Studio
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen
- Seamless Integration of Multi-Touch Gestures
- Windows 8 supports multi-touch gestures. Now, you can use your keyboard, mouse or the touchpad using simple gestures. Whether you're browsing apps, reading a book or typing on the go with touch, you'll be able to seamlessly switch between all three interactive components. With the touchpad, Windows 8 allows you to use multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag, tap, slide, pinch-to-zoom and more
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it