The carbon silver VAIO Pro 11 SVP11213CXS 11.6" Multi-Touch Ultrabook Computer from Sony features an ultraportable design with a carbon fiber build that leads to a 0.68" thickness and a weight of just 1.92 pounds. The carbon fiber construction keeps it light but also provides durability. The palm rest allows for comfortable typing sessions.
The 11.6" widescreen display features LED backlight technology for low power consumption and better energy efficiency. The display is also a capacitive touchscreen that supports 10-point touch and multi-touch gestures found in Windows 8. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4400. The high resolution allows the VAIO Pro 11 to play Full HD 1080p content natively without upscaling.
The system is powered by a dual-core Haswell 1.6GHz Intel Core i5-4200U processor. It also has 4GB of onboard 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, a 128GB solid state drive, a Secure Digital media card slot, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0+HS, NFC, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with Intel High Definition Audio with ClearAudio+ technology.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
VAIO Pro 11
- Dual-Core Haswell Intel Core i5 Performance
- The VAIO Pro 11 houses a Haswell Intel Core i5-4200U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.6GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 2.6GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. The fourth generation processor in this VAIO Pro 11 uses low voltage, which provides 7 hours of use on a single charge (battery life may vary). With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache, 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to multitask between applications quickly and efficiently
- 11.6" Multi-Touch Capacitive Touchscreen
- The 11.6" widescreen display is actually a capacitive touchscreen that allows you to take full advantage of the integrated multi-touch gestures of Windows 8. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution provided by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4400
- Ultraportable Carbon Fiber Design
- The VAIO Pro 11 features carbon fiber construction, which gives it a thickness of 0.68" and a weight of just 1.92 pounds. The carbon fiber build keeps the VAIO Pro 11 ultraportable yet durable. The palm rest offers maximum comfort while typing so your hands will feel less stress while using the keyboard for long periods of time
- Solid State Drive
- Get quicker boot times, faster application launches and overall enhanced performance with the 128GB solid state drive in this VAIO Pro 11. And of course, since solid state drive technology does not use moving parts, you get a more durable storage solution less prone to physical damage or mechanical failure
- Full Connectivity
- For Internet access, you have a choice of using the built-in 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 jack or go wireless with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi. You can use Bluetooth 4.0+HS to wirelessly connect to all your peripherals, such as a wireless mouse or keyboard. The HDMI port allows you to output video to an HDTV
- ClearAudio+ Sound
- ClearAudio+ mode allows for high audio quality that is distinctly Sony. One simple operation activates the optimal sound settings for your music and video. With Sony's unique sound processing technologies, you'll hear dynamic bass and soaring highs with less distortion
- PlayMemories Home
- PlayMemories Home software makes organizing, editing and sharing your photos and videos easy. Instantly import and sort your content by event or date. Then transform your favorites with intuitive adjustments and stunning filters. Share your pics privately with family and friends or on popular social networking sites like Facebook and YouTube. PlayMemories Online service can even securely store your content in the cloud allowing virtually all of your devices to access it anytime, anyplace
- Sony's Media Apps
- With Sony's Media apps, you get seamless connectivity across all of your compatible Sony devices to your content. Share and play with your content as you choose. Quick and easy access to content stored locally, on DLNA servers or from PlayMemories Online
- ArtRage Studio
- ArtRage Studio is a stylish, intuitive painting and drawing package that makes it easy to produce natural looking artwork on your computer. Its wide range of artistic tools lets you get right down to the creative process without forcing you to learn complex or technical controls
- VAIO Movie Creator
- VAIO Movie Creator adds the transitions and effects automatically so your movie looks polished and professional. Enhance your movies with your choice of 45 design themes and music. Once your movie is ready, share it on Facebook, YouTube or other social networking and video sharing sites
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen
- Seamless Integration of Multi-Touch Gestures
- Windows 8 supports multi-touch gestures. Now, you can use your keyboard, mouse or the touchpad using simple gestures. Whether you're browsing apps, reading a book or typing on the go with touch, you'll be able to seamlessly switch between all three interactive components. With the touchpad, Windows 8 allows you to use multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag, tap, slide, pinch-to-zoom and more
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it