The VAIO Tap 20 SVJ20235CXW 20" All-in-One Desktop Computer from Sony features a 20" capacitive touchscreen that allows you to navigate through Windows 8 using just your fingers. The screen has in-plane switching (IPS) technology and LED backlighting for a wide viewing angle as well as accurate color.
The VAIO Tap 20 is an all-in-one desktop computer, but it also has a built-in battery so you're not tethered to the power outlet on the wall. With up to 2 hours and 45 minutes on a single charge (battery life will vary dependent on usage), you'll be able to move around the home or office without having to shut down and reboot your computer. When you're running low on battery life, you can just plug the VAIO Tap 20 into the wall to start charging without interrupting your computer experience.
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 1.8GHz Intel Core i5-3337U processor. It also has 4GB of 1600Hz DDR3 RAM, a 750GB 5400rpm hard drive, a Memory Stick and Secure Digital media card slot, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, a 1.3MP front-facing HD webcam and integrated microphone. The VAIO Tap 20 also comes with an included wireless keyboard and laser mouse.
The VAIO Tap 20 comes with the Windows 8 operating system. Windows 8 has a completely redesigned user interface. Instead of being greeted by the usual Start button and taskbar, Windows 8 introduces the Start screen. The Start screen features live tiles, which contain actual content that update in real time. Windows 8 also seamlessly integrates multi-touch controls with keyboard and mouse use. You can use to traditional tactile keyboard to type and the laser mouse to navigate through Windows 8 or you can use the virtual touch keyboard as well as multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag and tap.
- 20" HD Capacitive Touchscreen
- The VAIO Tap 20 features exceptional picture quality and a capacitive touchscreen. The 20" display has a 1600 x 900 native resolution and is equipped with IPS (in-plane switching) technology so you can enjoy a crisp image from any viewing angle. Backed by Sony TV technology, the Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2 adds sharpness filters and noise reduction to display rich, beautiful content on your VAIO Tap 20. Experience deep and vivid colors, noise reduction for seamless video, and sharpness filters to bring out every little detail
- Multi-Position Stand
- The multi-position stand lets you tilt the VAIO Tap 20 to achieve the ideal angle for any activity. From an upright position, just push down gently on the PC until the position is perfect for you. Lay it flat to play board games or prop it up to read. You can even hold it in your lap while sitting on the sofa while surfing the web
- Built-In Battery
- Equipped with a built-in battery for cord-free convenience, the VAIO Tap 20 easily moves from home office to couch for the enjoyment of all. Simply pick it up and carry it room to room-no without having to worry about shutting down and re-booting
- ArtRage Studio Pro
- ArtRage Studio Pro contains all the tools of ArtRage Studio: oils, watercolors and inking pens making it easy to produce natural looking artwork on your computer. This version is ideal for artists who need to edit their work in more depth, supporting Photoshop compatible filters, real world color blending, post-spray editable stickers, and more
- Sony's Media Apps
- With Sony's Media apps, you get seamless connectivity across all of your Sony devices to your content. Share and play with your content as you choose. Quick and easy access to content stored locally, on DLNA servers or from PlayMemories Online
- Sensational Sound
- Experience full-impact surround sound anywhere with Dolby Home Theater v4 technology on your PC. Dolby Home Theater v4 technology offers total control over audio settings, so you can customize the sound for the maximum impact. It makes audio levels more consistent so just set the volume once and that's where it stays
- Sony's Rapid Wake
- Featuring Sony's Rapid Wake technology, simply enter into energy-saving sleep mode that helps keep data safe and secure. Battery drain is minimal, so your PC can stay asleep for days (battery life may vary dependent on use). Press the power button and resume in about two seconds
- HD Webcam
- The built-in webcam and microphone let's your family and friend see you clearly while chatting. The Exmor sensor helps guarantee a clear, bright picture, even in dimly-lit rooms. And with select applications, you can use the webcam and a few simple hand gestures to turn pages, skip songs, adjust the volume and more
- One Touch
- Easily exchange messages, photos, MP3 files and URLS from one NFC (Near Field Communication) enabled device to another by simply tapping on the touch icon. It's instant and requires zero setup. Switch from listening to music on your VAIO PC to your compatible headphones by touching the headphones to the VAIO Tap 20 or VAIO Duo 11. Or if you want to see the same website on your PC from your Sony Xperia smartphone, just touch the mark and watch it on a larger screen.
- Family Paint Software
- Designed for kids to paint, draw and express themselves artistically. Family Paint software provides comprehensive drawing tools including size-adjustable colored pencils, crayons, markers, stamps and an eraser. On the VAIO Tap 20, you can choose a split screen so more than one person can join in the fun. With 10 point capacitive touch, kids can apply all the tools directly on the screen with two hands as if they're painting or drawing on the real canvas
- FingerTapps Organizer
- This unique app lets you post voice messages, photos, drawings and video messages online to help the whole family stay organized and aware of everyone's schedule. Get creative and add your favorite team's logo on game days, or record a happy birthday song to play on your kid's birthday, or post a photo of your vacation destination on the days you will be gone
- HDD G-Sensor Shock Protection
- G-Sensor Shock Protection technology counteracts sudden movements by locking up the spinning hard drive to help prevent potential damage, such as scratching, which could lead to data loss