The xMac mini Server 2H from Sonnet features a variety of ports including one front mounted USB 3.0 port, two rear mounted USB 3.0 ports, two Thunderbolt ports (one open, one used), one RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet extension port, and one HDMI extension port. The integrated Thunderbolt port is capable of daisy chaining to other Thunderbolt compatible devices for easy expansion. This rackmount server will accommodate one full-length, full height, x16 PCIe 2.0 card and one half-length, full-height, x8 PCIe 2.0 card; PCIe 1.1 cards are also supported.
This xMac mini Server 2H gives you the ability to turn your existing Mac mini, equipped with Thunderbolt Technology, into an Enterprise Class Rackmount Server. Running essential cables throughout this server remains simple as you can take advantage of specific port mounts for all of your cables. The variety of ports along with an enhanced design, allow for optimized cooling with multiple airflow vents to keep the server cool even in the most demanding work conditions. The user replaceable power supply and fans make it simple to open up the server and replace either component reducing server downtime.
- Built for Future Expansion
- This xMac mini Server 2H allows for easy access to PCIe slots and the computers ports. Simply loosen two thumbscrews and slide the top cover off. Once inside, installing PCIe expansion cards is easy. An included Thunderbolt cable plugs in between your Mac mini and one of the xMac mini Server's Thunderbolt ports, which link the PCIe slots to the computer. An xMac mini Server's second Thunderbolt port allows daisy chaining of additional Thunderbolt Technology-enabled peripherals such as additional PCIe expansion, pro video breakout boxes, video capture and playback devices, audio interfaces, and more.
- Smart Design Inside and Out
The power supply and fans within the xMac mini Server are user-replaceable. The front panel USB 3.0 port connects to the back of the Mac mini, enabling you to connect a keyboard, mouse, or thumb drive to the computer without having to access its ports from the back. Other Mac mini interface ports are extended to the back of the chassis and mounted on the rear panel for convenient interfacing of Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0, and HDMI cables. A through-hole on the back panel allows you to route other cables to the computer or the internal connection on an installed card.
An xMac mini Server's power switch turns the computer on and off without the need for you to reach around back, and the PCIe slots are powered on/off with the Mac mini for improved energy savings. An opening in the front panel allows the Mac mini's power indicator to shine through. There's a central power hub for the computer and power supply for the PCIe slots, enabling you to power everything with one power cord.
- Stays Cool
- Variable-speed fans automatically ensure any installed PCIe cards stay cool and the enclosure stays as quiet as possible. The standard fans chosen for use in xMac mini servers are well suited for cooling all compatible PCIe cards, ensuring even hot-running cards remain cool in the most demanding work environments.
- Support for Two Half Length, Full-Height PCIe Cards
- The xMac mini Server 2H supports two half-length, full-height PCIe cards, which means most Thunderbolt-compatible cards are supported. This model is ideal for users who want to install two full-height cards.