The Windows Server 2012 20-Pack Device Client Access License (Standard, 64-Bit) from Microsoft delivers value to organizations of all sizes, including large data centers and small businesses. It redefines the server category by delivering numerous advanced features and enhancements spanning virtualization, networking, storage, user experience, cloud computing, automation and more. Windows Server 2012 helps you transform your IT operations to reduce costs and deliver excellent business value.
- You can choose Windows Server 2012 based on the size of your organization and your requirements for virtualization and cloud computing.
- Windows Server 2012 Standard edition delivers excellent economics and ROI (return on investment) for your business and offers enterprise-class features. For example, the Datacenter edition with unlimited virtualization rights provides the benefits of cloud-level scale with predictable, lower costs.
- Businesses today are rapidly adopting a hybrid approach across private and public cloud computing. Windows Server 2012 editions are ideal for lightly virtualized environments progressing towards cloud and highly virtualized cloud environments, no matter where you are on your path to the cloud.
Discover Windows Server 2012
- Beyond Virtualization
- Offers a dynamic, multitenant infrastructure to help you scale and secure workloads and build a private cloud.
- Complete Virtualization Platform
- A fully isolated, multitenant environment with tools that can help guarantee service-level agreements, enable usage-based chargeback and support self-service delivery.
- Improved Scalability and Performance
- A high-density, scalable environment that you can modify to perform at an optimum level based on your needs.
- Connecting to Cloud Services
- A common identity and management framework to enable highly secure and reliable cross-premises connectivity.
- Power of Many Servers with the Simplicity of One
- Windows Server 2012 is designed for IT professionals to optimize the cloud while satisfying business needs faster and more efficiently by providing a highly available, easy-to-manage and multi-server platform.
- Flexible Storage
- Offers diverse storage choices that deliver performance, efficiency and innovation while taking advantage of industry-standard hardware.
- Continuous Availability
- Provides cost-effective, highly available services with protection against a wide range of failure scenarios.
- Management Efficiency
- Automates a broader set of management tasks, simplifies deployment of major workloads and provides the path towards full lights-out automation. With Windows Server 2012, you can manage systems better through software-based policy controls, take advantage of tools such as a comprehensive set of the Windows PowerShell command-line interface and scripting language for ubiquitous automation of your server environment and increase the cost efficiency of your private cloud platform.
Windows Server 2012 Opens the Door to
- Every App on Any Cloud
- Windows Server 2012 is a proven application and web platform that includes thousands of applications already built and deployed. It offers the flexibility to build infrastructure across premises on an open, scalable and elastic web and application platform.
- Flexibility to Build On-Premises and in the Cloud
- A consistent set of tools and frameworks enables developers to build symmetrical or hybrid applications across the datacenter and the cloud.
- A Scalable and Elastic Infrastructure
- In addition to advanced features to help you increase website density and efficiency, Windows Server 2012 includes frameworks, services and tools to increase the scalability and elasticity of modern applications.
- An Open Web and App Development Environment
- An open platform that enables mission-critical applications and provides enhanced support for open standards, open-source applications and various development languages.
Windows Server 2012 Enables
- Modern Workstyle
- Provides you with flexible access to data and applications while simplifying management and maintaining security, control and compliance.
- Access to Applications and Data from Virtually Anywhere, Any Device
- Seamless, on-demand access to virtualized work environments from virtually anywhere.
- A Full Windows Experience Anywhere
- A personalized and rich user experience from virtually any device that adapts to different network conditions quickly and responsively.
- Enhanced Data Security and Compliance
- Granular access to data and corporate resources based on strong identity, data classification and centralized policy administration and auditing.
Windows Server 2012 Editions
- Windows Server 2012 Datacenter
- Designed for highly virtualized private cloud environments.
- Windows Server 2012 Standard
- Designed for physical or minimally virtualized environments.
- Windows Server 2012 Essentials
- Ideal for small businesses that have as many as 25 users and 50 devices.
- Windows Server 2012 Foundation
- Provides a Windows Server experience for as many as 15 users.
- Server Virtualization
- Windows Server 2012 with Hyper-V offers a complete virtualization platform, providing increased scalability and performance with an elastic and flexible solution from the datacenter to the cloud. It's now easier than ever for organizations to realize cost savings from virtualization and to optimize server hardware investments.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure in Windows Server 2012 makes it possible for you to access Internet from virtually anywhere on popular devices, providing you a rich Windows experience while ensuring enhanced data security and compliance.
- Windows Server 2012 provides an array of enhanced features that help reduce networking complexity, making it easier to connect users to IT resources, efficiently manage your datacenter and private clouds as well as easily link your infrastructure with public cloud services.
- Access & Information Protection
- Windows Server 2012 makes it easier for administrators to protect corporate resources, build strong data access management and protection as well as simplify the deployment of identity management infrastructure.
- It provides greater efficiency, performance and innovation through diverse storage choices. Advanced features and enhancements for disk, network and storage area network storage solutions provide greater choice and flexibility while ensuring high availability and uptime.
- Server Management and Automation
- Windows Server 2012 offers excellent total cost of ownership as an integrated platform with comprehensive, multi-server manageability that provides increased management efficiency, simplified deployment of servers as well as server roles and resilient automation.
- Web and Application Platform
- Windows Server 2012 provides enormous flexibility through hybrid, symmetrical and web-based applications on-premises and in the cloud, increased scalability and elasticity for applications as well as enhanced support for open frameworks and open source.
- Cost-Effective Infrastructure
- Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V improves both scalability and performance. It helps you deliver a fully-isolated, multi-tenant environment that includes tools to help guarantee SLAs, enable charge backs and support self-service scenarios. With Windows Server 2012 Datacenter, you can continually increase your VM density without additional licensing costs for virtualizing infrastructure and applications. With Hyper-V Network Virtualization, you can also virtualize your networks and enable software-defined networking. This provides the flexibility to move networks freely within your datacenter or to a hosting provider without reconfiguration. It also provides network isolation among the VMs running on different virtual networks, enabling multi-tenant environments. Windows Server 2012 provides new storage scenarios which offer high availability on industry-standard server hardware. Make the most of your storage by thin-provisioning and trimming VM storage, pooling diverse storage resource and abstracting them for flexible usage throughout your environment. Use file servers as file-based network storage for application data with the high levels of performance and reliability those scenarios require.
- Modern App Platform
- Windows Server 2012 is a broad, scalable and elastic server platform that gives you the flexibility to build, deploy and manage applications and websites on-premises, in the cloud or in a hybrid environment, using a consistent set of tools and frameworks. Programming consistency and common development tools between Windows Server 2012 and Windows Azure can help ease transition to the cloud, while enabling hybrid applications across on-premises, service provider and Windows Azure clouds. Windows Server 2012 provides frameworks, services and tools to help increase scalability and elasticity for applications that support multitenancy and improve website density and efficiency. This benefits IT professionals in traditional datacenters and helps service providers to more effectively build provision and manage hosting environments. Windows Server 2012 offers enhanced support for open frameworks, open source applications and development languages. Web standards, PHP and node.js are supported, while .NET Framework 4.5 offers features and improvements such as support for asynchronous file operations, web and networking enhancements.
- Anywhere Access
- The modern workstyle is defined by flexibility in how and where users access their data and applications. In Windows Server 2012, centralized desktops and remote access solutions have been made easier to deploy and manage, providing an easier way to give users more secure access to corporate infrastructure. Windows Server 2012 enables a personalized, rich user experience from many more devices while adapting to different network conditions quickly and responsively. Remote users can change locations or devices while maintaining an experience close to that of a laptop or PC, enabling them to maintain their productivity. Windows Server 2012 features intelligent security infrastructure that helps you enhance data security and compliance with granular access to data based on strong identity and device security status. These features also enable flexible and powerful audit rules, which help achieve compliance with applicable regulations.