The Sony 32GB HDR-PJ430E Handycam Camcorder with Projector is a Full HD 1920 x 1080 video camera that shoots 25/50p and 50i video compatible with European broadcast standards. The camcorder features a BIONZ image processor and a back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor for improved low light sensitivity. The wide-angle Sony G 30x optical zoom lens provides a sharp image, with 55x extended zoom capability. Sony's Balanced Optical SteadyShot image stabilization system Active Mode provides for improved camera shake reduction and smooth moving images. The camcorder is configured with a 3.0" flip out touchscreen LCD.
With the HDR-PJ430E you can capture in 25p mode and use the CinemaTone gamma presets for cinematic effect. You can also take 8.9MP still photos while simultaneously shooting HD video (in some modes). You can choose from AVCHD or MP4 formats for image quality or smaller file sizes depending on your needs. The HDR-PJ430E also includes a built-in projector that allows you project video at up to a 100" diagonal size without having to connect to a playback device. The camera has a dedicated microHDMI port that allows you to project media from your tablet, phone, laptop or other HDMI enabled device.
Built-in to the camera is a 5.1 channel surround sound microphone, and a manually adjustable audio level control allows improved audio recording. A dedicated headphone jack allows consistent audio monitoring while an external mic jack allows the camera to accept audio input from an optional external mic.
The camera can automatically create short movies complete with music and transitions based on preset configurations. Sony's Direct Copy allows you to copy files from the camera's internal flash memory directly to an external USB drive using a Sony USB cable (external USB drive and cable are optional and sold separately). The camera can also access videos stored on the external drive for playback on an HDTV. The built-in USB connector plugs into a computer for file transfer or camera charging, with two minutes of charge time providing one minute of recording time.
The HDR-PJ430E comes with various automatic features to simplify the shooting process. For example, an auto focus system is included as is Tracking Focus. The Tracking Focus feature works as an extension of Face Detection and allows you to select an object with a touch of the LCD and have the focus automatically follow the selected object. If the object leaves the frame and subsequently returns, Tracking Focus will resume operation and follow focus on the selected object. Additionally when Face Detection identifies people in a scene, the camera engages an acoustic processor to reduce background noise, which combined with the camera's Wind Reduction results in making recorded voices clearer. The HDR-PJ430E includes Sony's Intelligent Auto mode, which analyzes a shot, and automatically selects the appropriate settings. Other modes include Sony's Golf Shot setting to capture a few seconds of motion as a sequence of 22 high-resolution still photos
- 1080/25p/50p and 8.9MP Still Images
- Create high definition 1920 x 1080p 25/50 videos and high resolution 8.9MP still images. Sony's back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor is designed for compact cameras and camcorders, and handles image capture. The sensor relocates the photo diodes above the support circuitry, which maximizes the light gathering area per pixel and achieves better results in low light conditions. A BIONZ image processor handles image processing. In certain recording modes, you can shoot HD video, and capture 8.9MP stills at the same time.
- Sony G Optical Zoom Lens
- This lens has a 35mm equivalent of 26.8mm at the wide end of the focal range, and the 30x optical zoom is supported by a 55x extended Zoom, with a 350x digital zoom.
- Balanced Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization with Active Mode
- Balanced Optical SteadyShot with Active Mode mounts the lens and image sensor together as one optical block floating inside the camera body. As the camera is moved the entire optical block moves as one unit, maintaining the integrity of the optical path and improving shake reduction. Another benefit of this image stabilizations system is that it also reduces vignetting (light falloff towards the edges of the frame) and lowers distortion in videos and still photos.
- 3.0" LCD Touch Screen Display
- The 3.0" (16:9) LCD features 230,400 dot resolution for sharp, bright, vivid images. The LCD display also functions as a touch screen that provides you control over camera functions, enabling you to change settings to best capture the scene.
- AVCHD or MP4 Recording Formats
- Users can choose between the AVCHD or MP4 format. AVCHD provides premium video that can be enjoyed on large screen HDTVs and is ideal for capturing precious memories at special occasions, family vacations and other moments you want to treasure for a lifetime. MP4 is great for those moments that you want to quickly share on your social networks or store on the cloud.
- Embedded Flash Memory and Removable Media Cards
- The built-in 32GB embedded flash memory can record and store up to 11 hours 40 minutes of high definition video footage (HD LP mode). The HDR-PJ430E also comes with a single media card slot that is compatible with both SD/SDHC/SDXC cards and select Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo cards.
- Intelligent Auto Mode
- Intelligent Auto mode goes a step beyond traditional auto modes by analyzing your shot and then automatically mixing and matching settings from these modes: Portrait, Baby, Tripod, Walk, Backlight, Landscape, Macro, and Low Light to optimize your images.
- CinemaTone Camera Presets
- CinemaTone technology is used to deepen the color and recreate film-like color tones. Combined with 25p recording, you can expand your shooting into a more cinematic direction.
- Built-in USB 2.0 Cable
- The built-in high-speed USB 2.0 cable provides an easy connection to your computer for charging or file transfer, without the need for a separate cable. It also fits conveniently into the hand strap so it's out of the way until you need it. Charging your camcorder is faster than ever now through the USB; for every two minutes of charge time you get one minute of recording time.
- Direct Copy and Highlight Playback
- With Sony's Direct Copy feature, you can transfer your media files from your camcorder directly to an external USB HDD using a Sony VMC-UAM1 cable (USB HDD and Sony Cable sold separately), all without using a computer. Your camcorder can also directly access videos stored on the external hard drive for playback on your HDTV, allowing you to utilize the camcorder's handy playback features. The Highlight Playback feature identifies and compiles key scenes into a short, entertaining movie complete with music and transitions. You can even pinpoint the exact scene you want to include in the highlight reel.
- Built-in Projector
- The built-in projector features screen coverage of up to 100" diagonal. Project your footage directly from the camera to view your day's shooting, or share memories without crowding everyone around the LCD screen.
- View Everywhere
- Enjoy your favorite memories virtually anywhere. A dedicated microHDMI port allows you to connect external HDMI-enabled devices like smartphones, laptops and tablets. You can also view footage from these devices through the projector of the HDR-PJ430E.
- Accessory Multi-Interface Shoe
- Sony's Multi-Interface shoe is specifically designed to offer a common interface across all of Sony's Digital Imaging products. Quickly and easily attach a vast array of accessories compatible with this interface, including optional video lights, microphones and even Sony's Wi-Fi module (Must be purchased separately).
- Golf Shot
- Golf Shot captures a few seconds of motion as a sequence of up to 22 still images, which can be viewed/printed individually or as a composite "sequence shot" image, which can be used for analyzing the nuances of a golf swing, tennis serve, and other fast action.
- Advanced Camera Control
- The video camera comes with manual control capabilities over focus, exposure, iris, white balance, and audio levels.