Microsoft Software Assurance is a service option for Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials during your license agreement term. This service includes beta and final versions of the latest software versions of Windows Server Essentials when they are released. When help is needed, you can contact the 24 x 7 problem resolution department via phone or web. Software Assurance also offers TechNet experts to train your IT department. In addition, it provides licensing for servers used in disaster recovery purposes, deployment planning services, extended Hotfix support, and technical information.
- The Software Assurance New Product Versions benefit provides new Windows Server Essentials version releases so you have access to the latest technology
- 24 x 7 Problem Resolution Support provides around-the-clock phone and Web incident support for Microsoft server and desktop products
- The Microsoft Software Assurance Cold Backups for Disaster Recovery benefit provides licensing for servers used as offline ("cold") backups for disaster recovery purposes
- TechNet Subscription through Software Assurance gives IT staff access to experts, technical information, plus beta and final versions of products for testing and evaluation
- The Extended Hotfix Support benefit provides specific product fixes on a per customer incident basis, beyond the standard product support terms and releases