The Scout HD Camera Stabilizer System Production Starter Kit with V-Mount from Steadicam is a camera stabilizer package designed to provide you will all the tools you need to get smooth, stabilized shots with cameras weighing between 5 to 18 pounds. The production starter kit includes a Scout HD stabilizer with a 7" HD monitor, two V-Mount batteries to power the monitor, a dual battery charger, a standard vest, and a support arm. The kit also includes a low mode kit, SteadiStand with sandbag, and a Steadicam Tool Kit Bag.
The support vest, Iso-Elastic arm, and Scout HD camera sled work together to support and isolate the camera from vibration, allowing it to float and travel almost anywhere a person can go. With practice, operators can float cameras up and down steps, across streets, and in and out of elevators, and make on the fly adjustments, while keeping the shot smooth and fluid.
- Complete System
- This starter kit features all the components needed in a production package, as well as support components such as a SteadiStand and sandbag, for docking the system when not in use, and a low-mode kit for getting your camera closer to the ground, and a tool kit bag for holding Steadicam tools.
- Standard Scout Vest
- Provides support for the camera system, helping to prevent fatigue by transferring the weight of the camera to the operator's hips. The vest is padded to provide comfort and adjustments can be made without tools and on the fly.
- Iso-Elastic Stabilizer Arm
- The Iso-Elastic arm attaches the sled to the vest and can be adjusted without any tools, allowing quick adjustments for customization to different operators. It supports weights up to 18 pounds. Weight adjustment can also be made on the fly, so that the operator does not have to dismount the system to make changes. The 2-section arm can be separated for storage and transport.
- Scout HD Camera Sled
At the heart of the system is the Scout HD camera stabilizing sled. It provides smooth movement up/down, panning and rotation. The 7" monitor is adjustable for viewing and balance, and features a V-mount battery mount. The camera stage features a micro adjustable X-Y stage for fine tuning your balance, while the included Steadicam Merlin-type counterweights help the Steadicam operator balance the weight of the camera on the rig.
- Dovetail plate and docking bracket
- Telescoping carbon fiber centerpost adjustable from 18.5 to 32.0"
- LCD Monitor has standard BNC video input connector and RCA output connector
- RCA to BNC and BNC to RCA adapters are included with the Scout HD
- Soft case included