This is a daylight-balanced Mole-Richardson BabyLED 150W 6.0" Fresnel with DMX. Fresnels have been a staple in Hollywood since 1936 and little has changed except the use of better materials with more precise construction techniques.
While nobody had a problem with the Fresnel's quality of light, heat and electrical draw was another story. It's why you see so many movie people walking around the set with heat-resistant gloves. And of course frying the talent could bring the production to a screeching halt. Then there are scrims - the only way to knock down the output without changing color temperature.
Enter the MoleLED Fresnel line. Apart from the black powder-coated finish, the BabyLED head looks and performs the same as a legacy light allowing you to swap a standard light for a BabyLED or mix them. In fact there's a retro-fit kit available to convert your old style light to an LED.
On-board local 100 - 10% dimming means you'll probably be restricting your scrimming to half-scrims, saving you a lot of ladder climbing. Besides comfort, you'll be saving on air-conditioning and running costs in the studio. The BabyLED's maximum draw is 0.75 - 1.5A as compared to the legacy light's 8.3A - up to an 80% reduction in energy consumption. This means that you can run many more LEDs instead of legacy lights without raising the temperature. Let's also consider the cost and downtime of re-lamping. LEDs last about 50,000 hours and are virtually maintenance-free.
If you're not sold already, the control features will close the deal. Not only does the BabyLED have on-board local dimming but it's also DMX 512 compatible, so you can remote control 1 or 100 BabyLEDs from a central console by simply daisy-chaining them together.
The 90-250VAC BabyLED has a 6.0" lens, passive cooling and aluminum alloy and steel construction. It has 10 degree to 55 degree spot to flood variation and a 5/8" receiver for standard Baby pin. The #18 AWG power cable is 36" long and ends in a NEMA 5-15 Edison (US) plug for ganging in overhead grids.
- An 80% reduction in energy consumption
- Flicker-Free dimming with little to no color shift
- No need for external dimming systems
- No direct IR or radiant heat from Fresnel
- MoleLED Technology
- MoleLED Fresnels are powered by a proprietary, patent-pending Mole-Richardson Quantum Dot chip on-board LED module. The benefit of QD LED technology is the ability to specifically tune the visible wavelength at the nano scale which, in this case, allows for precise adjustment of the red spectrum without impacting the overall light output of the LED.