The Wohler 608/708 to OP-47/WST Translating Captioning Card provides real time, on-the-fly closed caption standards translation. The card translates 608/708 captions from one video signal into WST/OP-47 captions in another video signal. The openGear form factor card can be operated in industry standard Ross openGear frames or in the Wohler MC-1RU modular chassis.
The card also decodes incoming source captions, output caption data over enhanced Ethernet or from an RS-232 port, and provides a monitoring signal with burned-in captions to the secondary output for each channel.
It boasts true, dual independent HD/SD channels, each with a separate monitoring output and both with automatic detection of input video standards. Channel A has an CEA 608/708 caption encoder and Channel B has a WST/OP-47 encoder, both of which accept industry standard encoding data via Ethernet or serial. In addition to providing encoding and decoding of 4 GPI cues, the card offers eight on-board GPIs and GPOs to enable greater control of downstream systems.
- Dual channel translating/decoding/encoding solution
- Supports Grand Alliance, SMPTE333, CDP, and E470 protocols (608/708) and Newfor (WST/OP-47)
- Relay bypass of both video inputs
- Compliant with all broadcast HD/SD-SDI video standards
- Synchronous serial and Ethernet output of caption data
- Supports synchronous GPI broadcast cues
- OpenGear Dashboard management software provides remote management capabilities