The Singh-Ray LB Warming Circular Polarizer Filter helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. This results in a noticeable increase in the saturation of skies and foliage, as well as clearer imagery when photographing in hazy conditions. A circular polarizer differs from a linear polarizer in that it supports full use of a camera's autofocus and auto exposure functions.
The LB designation of this filter stands for "Lighter, Brighter", which refers to the lower optical density of the filter that enables shorter shutter speeds or smaller f/stops to be used when the filter is in place. The brighter design of the filter also enables a brighter viewfinder image to aid in composition as well as improves auto exposure and focusing performance. Additionally, the filter provides a warming effect to imagery by imparting a slight red/yellowish hue across the entire image.
This filter features a 100mm-diameter sprocket mount for use with Cokin Z-Pro filter holders. This design allows you to insert the filter in the slot closest to the lens for minimizing the amount of light between the filter and lens. The sprocket itself is constructed from plastic, while the 88mm-diameter filter substrate is constructed from highly polished glass.
- Reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Arrange and filter directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Lessens haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° from the sun.
- "Lighter, Brighter" design enables shorter shutter speeds or smaller apertures to be used compared to other circular polarizer filters.
- Warming effect adds a red/yellowish tone to imagery in order to minimize overwhelming cool tones and add a brighter appearance.
- 100mm-diameter sprocket mount is designed for use with Cokin Z-Pro filter holders and enables use of other rectangular filters within the same holder.
- Constructed from highly-polished glass to provide high image quality and clarity.