The Arca-Swiss M-Line Two Camera for Nikon F DSLR is a view camera body designed specifically for use with DSLR cameras. The rear board of the camera integrates a dedicated Nikon F mount for attaching the camera to enable a wide range of movements for garnering perspective and focus control capabilities with a DSLR.
Aiding in precise control over tilts, the front standard integrates Arca-Swiss' Orbix metric for fine-tuning the degree of swing (horizontal tilt) to adjust Scheimpflug points by up to +/- 45° with quicklock intervals available for repeatable control. The standard vertical tilting mechanism allows for positioning of +/- 15° on the front standard and, on the rear standard, rise/fall and shift movements of +/- 1.4" / 35mm are possible.
The 7.5" / 190mm extension rail is well-suited for use with focal lengths as wide as 28mm and as long as 180mm, making it suitable for use with a wide range of lenses. In order to achieve infinity focus, lenses with focal lengths of at least 80mm must be used in combination with Nikon F DSLRs. The M-Line Two is also compatible with an extensive range of accessories for further customizing the camera's abilities to specific uses.
- View Camera Operation with DSLR
- The ability to utilize a view camera's flexibility and precision through various movements enables focusing and perspective control abilities that are not otherwise possible on a DSLR. The back of the camera integrates a Nikon F mount for attaching a DSLR to the camera body and then, either through the use of live view or a tethered connection, the composition and focusing can be acquired in a highly accurate and deft manner.
- Arca-Swiss Orbix
- The Orbix metric, which is integrated into the front standard of the camera, helps to alleviate the effects of yaw while shooting and works to save time when both swing and tilt movements are used simultaneously. When both movements are used, it is often difficult to acquire sharp focus or depth of field throughout the image plane; Orbix counters this issue by moving the lens standard at the center of a circle that is perpendicular to the base of the frame and is located above the vertical movement axis. By changing where the tilt and swing movements originate from, a composition can be made and movements can be applied without the need to refocus or recompose.
- Full Range of Camera Movements
- Tilt: +/- 15° (front)
- Swing: +/- 45deg; (front)
- Rise/Fall: 2.75" / 70mm (rear)
- Shift: 2.75" / 70mm (rear)
- Maximum extension: 7.5" / 190mm