The EnGenius ENS500EXT High-Powered, Long-Range 5 GHz Wireless N300 Outdoor Access Point delivers data rates up to 300 Mb/s and is suitable for providing connectivity to a small business network and its Internet connection for restaurant patrons, or for students and employees in educational or corporate campus venues.
This unit is a high-powered, long-range Wireless N300 Outdoor Access Point that operates on the 5 GHz band so it avoids the congested wireless traffic from devices on the more commonly used 2.4 GHz frequency band. This makes it a suitable solution for point-to-multipoint connectivity to 5 GHz wireless client bridges and connected IP security cameras in parking lots or garages or for sending data to outdoor digital signage. It is also suitable for providing connectivity to a small business network and its Internet connection for restaurant patrons, or for students and employees in educational or corporate campus venues who have 5 GHz-capable devices such as iPads, tablet PCs, or laptop computers with embedded dual-band Wi-Fi radios.
The ENS500EXT Outdoor Access Point is compliant with the IEEE802.11a/n standards delivering a wireless data rate of up to 300 Mb/s on the 5 GHz frequency spectrum. It features 2 omni-directional, 5 dBi MIMO (Multiple In/Multiple Out) antennas that are coupled with its strong transmit power of up to 400mW.
The ENS500EXT Outdoor Access Point also features a robust security feature set that includes support for WPA/WPA2 Personal and Enterprise encryption, 802.1x RADIUS authentication, hidden SSID and MAC address filtering.
The ENS500EXT Outdoor Access Point has an IP65-rated weatherproof housing that ensures continued operation in harsh outdoor environments or in climates of extreme cold, heat, or continuous moisture.
- High 400mW Wireless Power Delivers Long-Range Coverage
- Ensures robust signal to achieve long range, offers good wireless network coverage
- Wireless N300 Speed
- Up to 300 Mb/s when connected to another 5 GHz Wireless N300 device, complies with IEEE802.11a/n standards
- Two External Omni-Directional Antennas Maximize Wireless Connectivity
- Two detachable 5 dBi omni-directional high-gain antennas; MIMO (Multiple-Input and Multiple-Output) antenna technology; external antenna connectors support optional installer-acquired high-gain antenna upgrade
- SSID-to-VLAN Tagging
- Can be configured to broadcast up to 4 SSIDs; each SSID can be tagged to a specified company network VLAN for different user access based on established access rights
- User-friendly Installation Kit
- Includes a proprietary PoE (Power over Ethernet) kit comprised of a PoE injector and a power adapter; also includes a mast mount kit with binding strap