The EnGenius EAP350 High-Powered, Long-Range Ceiling Mount, Wireless N300 Indoor Access Point features 800mW (up to 29dBm) transmit power for long range coverage, wireless speeds up to 300 Mb/s and a Gigabit port for connecting to a switch or router. It is a suitable solution for expanding an existing business or hospitality network to provide employees or guests access to network resources or a hosted Internet connection. This high-powered Access Point/WDS/Repeater is designed for extending networks within large or multi-story buildings or expansive, client-intensive facilities like hotels, resorts, hospitals, office buildings, universities, or other multi-building campus facilities that need to offer employees, guests, staff, or students the access to network resources like printers, content, or the Internet.
The EAP350 Indoor Access Point is designed to appear as a smoke detector and thus unobtrusively blends in with other common building infrastructure appliances. This access point can be configured to operate in several different modes such as a Wireless-N Access Point, a WDS Access Point, a WDS Bridge, or a Universal Repeater. It operates in the 2.4 GHz frequency spectrum supporting the 802.11b/g/n standards.
The EAP350 Indoor Access Point’s robust transmit power, enhanced receive sensitivity and its MIMO (Multiple In/Multiple Out) antenna array extends wireless coverage and enhances connectivity to client devices even in areas where connections have been previously challenging or non-existent. This capability also helps to reduce the number of access points needed to deploy over large properties and helps to eliminate the need for roaming clients to constantly re-associate to different APs in the building or throughout the property.
This Access Point’s Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000) port offers great bandwidth capacity and fast data transfers and is suitable for accommodating users on the network who are engaged in HD video streaming or online gaming. For deployments on ceilings or crawlspaces where power outlets can be scarce, the EAP350 is also PoE (Power-over-Ethernet) capable when used with a PoE injector, like the 802.3af compliant EnGenius EPE5818Gaf.
The EAP350 Access Point also features industry standard wireless network encryption settings, like WEP, and WPA/WPA2, to protect the network from unauthorized access. For small-to-medium-sized offices or larger corporate deployments, it can also be configured with MAC address filtering so only known and MAC address recognized client devices can access the network and unauthorized client devices can be isolated.
- High-power, Long-Range Coverage
- Up to 29 dBm RF Tx (transmit) power provides more than twice the wireless coverage of other access points
- Multiple Operation Modes
- Can be configured to work in the following modes: Access Point, WDS Bridge,WDS Access Point, and Universal Repeater
- Wireless N300 Speed
- Up to 300 Mb/s wireless speed suitable for large file transfers and streaming video
- Gigabit Ethernet Port
- Up to 10X faster data transfer; suitable for streaming videos, VOIP, music, and multimedia applications
- SSID-to-VLAN Tagging
- Can be configured to broadcast up to 4 SSIDs; each SSID can be tagged to a specified company network VLAN for different user access based on established access rights
- IEEE 802.3af PoE Compliant
- Supports Power over Ethernet (IEEE 802.3af) and allows deployment in areas where power outlets are not available
- EZ Controller
- EZ Controller software for configuring, managing, and monitoring multiple APs from a central location (available as a free download)
- Internal High-Gain Antenna
- Integrated 5 dBi antenna for optimal coverage and signal penetration through walls, floors, and ceilings
- FCC, IC