The EnGenius ECB300 High-Powered, Long-Range Wireless N300 Indoor Access Point/Client Bridge features high transmit power (up to 29 dBm) for long range Wi-Fi coverage, wireless speeds up to 300 Mb/s and a fast Ethernet port for connecting to a switch or router. This high-powered AP (Access Point)/CB (Client Bridge) is designed to expand the number of users and devices that can access an existing wireless network within large or multi-story buildings or expansive, client-intensive facilities like hotels, resorts, hospitals, office buildings, universities, or other multi-building campus facilities that need to offer employees, guests, staff, or students access to network resources like printers, content, or the Internet.
The ECB300 AP/CB can be configured to operate in several modes such as the Wireless-N Access point, Client Bridge, WDS access point, WDS bridge, repeater, or AP router. The ECB300’s 2 detachable/upgradeable MIMO (Multiple In/Multiple Out) 5 dBi antenna array results in enhanced receive sensitivity and connectivity to access points and wireless clients even in areas where connections have been previously challenging or non-existent.
For deployments on ceilings or in crawlspaces where power outlets can be scarce, this ECB300 AP/CB is also PoE (Power-over-Ethernet) capable when used with the PoE injector, like the 802.3af compliant EnGenius EPE5818af.
The ECB300 AP/CB also features industry standard wireless network encryption settings, like WEP, and WPA/WPA2, to protect the network from unauthorized access. For small-to-medium-sized offices or large corporate deployments, the ECB300 AP/CB can also be configured with MAC address filtering, so only known and MAC address recognized client devices can access the network and unauthorized client devices can be isolated.
The ECB300 includes an EZ Controller Access Point Management software that provides a robust suite of tools for IT managers, installers, and network administrators who deploy, manage, and maintain wireless networks. With EZ Controller, the EnGenius Wireless Indoor and Outdoor Access Points and Client Bridges can be configured, controlled, and monitored from a central location.
- High-Power, Long-Range Coverage
- Up to 29 dBm RF transmit power provides great signal coverage
- Wireless N300 Speed
- Compliant with the 802.11b/g/n standard and MIMO delivering up to 300 Mb/s throughput over wireless for great overall performance and connectivity
- Multiple Operation Modes
- Wireless-N Access Point, Client Bridge, WDS Access Point, WDS Bridge, Repeater, or AP Router
- Industry Standard Security
- WPA/WPA2, MAC address filtering
- SSID-to-VLAN Tagging
- Can be configured to broadcast up to 4 SSIDs; each SSID can be tagged to a specified company network VLAN for different user access based on established access rights
- IEEE802.3af PoE Compliant
- Supports Power-over-Ethernet (IEEE 802.3af) and enables deployment in ceilings and other areas where power outlets may not be available
- Detachable Antennas
- 2x detachable omni-directional 5 dBi antennas
- EZ Controller
- EZ Controller software for configuring, managing, and monitoring multiple APs from a central location (available as a free download)
- FCC, IC