The Inspiron 14R i14RMT-7475sLV 14" Notebook Computer from Dell measures about 1.3" thin and weighs just under 5 pounds. The Inspiron 14R features a brushed aluminum finish with rounded corners and edge-to-edge glass.
The 14" widescreen display is backlit with LEDs for low power consumption and good energy efficiency. The display is also a touchscreen so you'll be able to utilize the multi-touch gestures built into Windows 8. The screen also has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics.
The system is powered by a dual-core 1.8GHz Intel Core i5-3337U processor. It also has 6GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, a 750GB 5400rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, a multi-in-1 media card reader, 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with Waves MaxxAudio technology.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
Dell Inspiron 14R
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5 Performance
- The Dell Inspiron 14R houses an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5-3337U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.8GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 2.7GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache, 6GB of DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to multitask between applications quickly and efficiently
- 14" Widescreen LED-Backlit Touchscreen
- The 14" widescreen LED-backlit display of the Dell Inspiron 14R is actually a touchscreen. With support of the multi-touch gestures built into Windows 8, you'll be able to navigate menus and open up shortcuts using your fingers. The screen also has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics. You can also output video to an external display via the HDMI port
- Stay Connected
- Gain access to the Internet using the reliable 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet RJ-45 jack. If you prefer to go wireless, you can use 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi. Bluetooth 4.0 technology on the Dell Inspiron 14R allows you to connect wirelessly to Bluetooth-compatible accessories, such as a Bluetooth mouse
- USB 3.0
- USB 3.0 can transfer data up to 5Gbps, which is 10 times faster than USB 2.0. USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0, so you can still use all your USB-compatible devices
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps, and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen
- Seamless Integration of Multi-Touch Gestures
- Windows 8 supports multi-touch gestures. Now, you can use your keyboard, mouse or the touchpad using simple gestures. Whether you're browsing apps, reading a book or typing on the go with touch, you'll be able to seamlessly switch between all three interactive components. With the touchpad, Windows 8 allows you to use multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag, tap, slide, pinch-to-zoom, and more
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history, and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it, so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it