The Magenta Research HD-One LX HDMI, IR, and RS-232 Extender Kit delivers reliable, uncompressed, high-definition video over a single CAT5e/6/6e/7 cable to a distance of up to 328’ (100m). It consists of a transmitter and an extender unit.
This LX series extender offers additional support for bi-directional RS-232 and 2-way IR signals. For ease of use, the LX kit comes with a set of IR emitter/receiver cables. The LX receiver is also tunable to 3 different IR bands (36.7, 38.0, or 58.8 kHz). This extender kit is fully HDCP compliant and features plug-and-play functionality.
HDMI cables are difficult to terminate. UTP cables, meanwhile, are both cost-effective and easy to terminate in the field, making it easy for extending and HDMI or DVI source to almost any display.
This equipment is not intended for, nor does it support, distribution through an Ethernet network. Do not connect these devices to any sort of networking or telecommunications equipment.
The transmitter and receiver units do not feature daisy chain capability. The extender also supports other category cables, but CAT6 is recommended. For the types of supported cables, please refer to the specifications.
- Includes one IR emitter/receiver pair
- Extends HDMI or DVI, serial, and IR signals over Category 5e/6/6a/6e/7 UTP, STP, or FTP cable
- Single UTP cable (sold separately) transfers video, audio, and HDCP signals
- An external switch lets you easily select from the following IR operating modes: 36.7, 38, or 56.8 kHz
- Extends uncompressed HD video (1920x1200 @ 60Hz) up to 328' (100m)
- Audio transmission supports Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio
- HDMI 1.4 and HDCP compliant
- No adjustments or tuning required
- Bi-directional RS-232 interface
- Two-way IR support (two IR dongles included)
- Integrated mounting flange
- Tolerances designed for commercial environments
- Typical applications include museums; large retail environments; high-end security, education, and residential environments; digital signage, wayfinding installations; and home theater