The 3-9x42 Terra 3x Riflescope from Zeiss combines an RZ-6 reticle, 3:1 magnification ratio, and weather-sealed housing to create a well-equipped optic for close to mid-range shooting tasks. Zeiss' Terra 3x scope housing is a nitrogen-filled one-inch tube built to deliver fogproof performance. Inside the lightweight aluminum housing is a lens system that is multicoated with Zeiss MC anti-reflective coating to enhance the contrast and clarity of the transmitted image.
This Terra 3x scope is configured with a second plane RZ-6 reticle, which has four mid-weight posts that taper to a fine crosshair. The RZ-6 also has six holdover hash marks calibrated for targeting up to 600 yards away; this RZ-equipped Terra scope is parallax free at 300 yards.
Complementing the multicoated optics is a generous 3.55" eye relief and diopter correction that help to provide the shooter with comfortable sighting. In addition to its build quality and optical performance, the 3-9x42 scope's has low-profile, capped windage and elevation turrets that enable 1/4 MOA impact point adjustments. This range of features makes the Terra 3x ready for recreational targeting in most conditions and at most distances.
- Optical Performance
- 3-9x magnification
- 42mm objective
- 1" tube diameter
- Zeiss MC anti-reflective lens coating
- 6.9-2.3° angle of view
- 3.55" eye relief
- RZ-6 Reticle
- 2nd focal plane location
- Holdover hashes for targets up to 600 yards
- Fine crosshair centered on tapered mid-weight posts
- Intended for magnum caliber ammo
- Use and Handling
- 1/4 MOA impact point correction
- 46 MOA maximum windage and elevation adjustment
- Construction Details
- Machined aluminum housing
- Nitrogen-filled for fogproof performance
- Waterproof to 400 mbar pressure
- -13 to 122°F operating temperature
- 12.4" length, 14.8 oz weight