The Geoma II ED 21-63x82 Spotting Scope from Vixen features a large 82mm objective and a 21-63x zoom eyepiece protected by a padded nylon carrying case. Most noticeable is the advanced capability of the extra-low dispersion (ED) glass lens to accurately align colors. When compared side by side with non-ED optics, this fine spotting scope shows a sharp increase in edge-delineation and color-fidelity that is readily apparent. This configuration of objective lens and eyepiece yields an average field of view across the zoom range, with a very respectable 19mm of eye relief. This particular Geoma II offers angled-viewing, and the housing rotates in its tripod mounting collar for long-term viewing comfort.
The Geoma II ED features a sealed fiberglass housing that is filled with dry nitrogen for water and fogproof performance in spite of fluctuating temperatures and dynamic climates. The retractable sun shade can be used to block stray light, or to minimize water-droplet build-up on the objective.
The Geoma II ED's handling and performance are quite remarkable - a dual-focus system enables rapid zone-focus, along with a precision fine-focus. This makes getting on-target fast and effortless, while offering enhanced precision focusing. With its sophisticated and superior optical design and precision-ground multicoated lenses, the Geoma II ED 82-S delivers crystal-clear views and high resolution imagery.
- Optical Performance
- ED glass - enhanced image sharpness, accuracy
- Interchangeable eyepieces offer enhanced versatility
- Traditional porro prism design offers maximum image quality and durability
- Full multicoating on all air-to-glass surfaces for enhanced viewing capability
- Zoom eyepiece GLH48T - long eye relief, twist-up eye cup, 21-63x magnification on the Geoma II ED 82 scope
- Use and Handling
- Straight-through viewing
- Built-in finderscope for quick target acquisition
- Dual focusing dials offer rapid rough and fine-focus
- Tripod block with rotation mechanism offers viewing versatility
- Construction Details
- Integral retractable lens shade minimizes off-axis stray light to improve contrast
- Sealed fiberglass housing is nitrogen filled for total water and fogproof performance
- Includes a padded Denier nylon carrying case with shoulder strap