The Geoma II 21-63x82 Spotting Scope from Vixen features a large 82mm objective lens and a 21-63x zoom eyepiece, protected by a padded nylon carrying case. This configuration of large objective and eyepiece yields an average field of view across the zoom range, with a very respectable 19mm of eye relief. This particular Geoma II offers 45° viewing, and the housing rotates in its tripod mounting collar for ease of long-term or shared viewing comfort.
The Geoma II features a sealed fiberglass housing that is filled with dry nitrogen for water and fogproof performance in spite of fluctuating temperatures and dynamic climates. The retractable sun shade can be used to block stray light, or to minimize water-droplet build-up on the objective.
The Geoma II's handling and performance are quite remarkable - a dual-focus system enables rapid zone-focus, along with a precision fine-focus. This makes getting on-target fast and effortless, while offering enhanced precision focusing. With its sophisticated and superior optical design and precision-ground multicoated lenses, the Geoma II 82-A delivers crystal-clear views and high resolution imagery.
- Optical Performance
- Interchangeable eyepieces offer enhanced versatility
- Traditional porro prism design offers maximum image quality and durability
- Full multicoating on all air-to-glass surfaces for enhanced viewing capability
- Zoom eyepiece GLH48T - long eye relief, twist-up eye cup, 21-63x magnification
- Use and Handling
- Angled viewing
- Built-in finderscope for quick target acquisition
- Dual focusing dials offer rapid rough and fine-focus
- Tripod block with rotation mechanism offers multiple viewing angles
- Construction Details
- Integral retractable lens shade minimizes off-axis stray light to improve contrast
- Sealed fiberglass housing is nitrogen filled for total water and fogproof performance
- Includes a padded Denier nylon carrying case with shoulder strap