The LG 55" LN5710 Full HD 1080p Smart LED TV features an LCD panel with Full HD 1920 x 1080p native resolution, LED backlighting, a Triple XD Engine and TruMotion 120 Hz technology that promotes sharp detail and contrast - even when watching sports and action movies. The TV's Picture Wizard II technology allows you to self-calibrate key picture quality elements including black level, color, tint, sharpness and backlight levels.
The LN5710 is equipped with built-in Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity as well. Smart TV features include Home Dashboard 3.0, access to premium content and an app store, LG Cloud for storing media, a full web browser, SmartShare media sharing and Skype video calling with an optional camera. It also supports DLNA home network sharing and Intel Wireless Display (WiDi). The LN5710 is Windows 8 certified as well. Plus, it works with the optional Magic Remote with voice control capabilities.
This model offers three HDMI inputs located on the side of the panel. There are also three side-panel USB 3.0/2.0 ports that let you play videos, music or photos from a USB drive without needing to use a PC. Other features include MHL and Miracast mobile device mirroring, NFC connection, SIMPLINK multi-device control, multiple picture modes, multiple sound modes, Virtual Surround technology, Clear Voice II technology and 20W stereo speakers. This model also features the government's Energy Star 6.0 qualification.
- LG Smart TV Features
- This LG Smart TV supports Home Dashboard 3.0, access to premium content and an app store, LG Cloud for storing media, a full web browser, SmartShare and Skype video calling with an optional camera.
- Optional Magic Remote Ready
- LG's intuitive Magic Remote (sold separately) lets you pick and choose what you want to watch with a point and click or with LG's Voice Mate. Voice Mate is capable of recognizing how you naturally speak to change the channel or access premium content providers like Hulu Plus, Netflix and YouTube direct from your TV.
- Internet Connectivity
- Thanks to built-in Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity, this TV supports Internet content like YouTube, Hulu Plus and Netflix. It also supports Wi-Fi Direct and Intel Wireless Display (WiDi). It features DLNA certification for home network streaming and it's Windows 8 certified as well.
- Whether you create a network with your compatible devices, access content stored in your LG Cloud or use an NFC tag to connect, this TV makes it easy for you to share content with friends and family.
- LED Backlighting
- LG's LED technology adds brightness, clarity and color detail.
- Full HD Resolution
- With a Full HD native resolution of 1920 x 1080p, this model will provide sharp picture detail and vibrant colors.
- TruMotion 120 Hz
- TruMotion 120 Hz technology lets you see sports, video games and high-speed action with virtually no motion blur. Now your TV can keep up with your fast- moving entertainment.
- Energy Star Qualified
- Energy Star compliance means this TV meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the US Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Energy. It also means the TV saves energy both in standby and active modes. Energy Star qualified TVs use about 30% less energy than standard units.
- Picture Wizard II
- Get easy self-calibration with on-screen reference points for key picture quality elements such as black level, color, tint, sharpness and backlight levels.
- Miracast and MHL (Mobile High Definition Link) mobile device mirroring
- SIMPLINK (HDMI CEC) connectivity lets you use a single remote for all compatible devices
- Triple XD Engine and dual-core processor
- NFC Ready (Near Field Communications) for mirroring and device pairing
- USB port supports playback of multiple file formats
- Seven picture modes including Vivid, Standard, Cinema, Game, Eco, Expert1 and Expert2
- Six sound modes including Standard, Music, Cinema, Sport, Game and User
- Resolution Upscaler and DTS audio decoder
- Virtual Surround and Clear Voice II technology
- Dual 10W (20W total) 1-way stereo speakers
- MTS/SAP support for alternate language programming
- Supports 16:9, Just Scan, Original, 4:3, Cinema Zoom and Zoom aspect ratio modes
- Three AV Mode II (picture and sound) settings including Game, Cinema and Off
- Supports Just Scan (1:1 pixel matching) if viewing 1080i/HDMI, 1080p/component or 720p/RF
- TV works with 2nd display technology and LG TV Remote App for mobile devices