The 2TB PortaGig 50 External HDD from Glyph Technologies is a bus powered hard drive featuring a 2TB storage capacity; it's ideal for storing a large number of files from HD quality videos, movies, music, photos and more. The drive is compatible with a variety of operating systems including Apple OS 8.6, 9.X, 10.X; Microsoft Windows 98SE,200, XP, Vista, and 7; and Modern Unix-based Linux or BSD. It features two FireWire 800 ports, one USB 2.0 port and one eSATA port which supports data transfer speeds up to 3Gbit/s.
- High Performance Drive
- This reduced size, bus-powered, fanless hard drive comes inside an aluminum enclosure complete with FireWire 800 and eSATA connections as well as a rear power switch.
- Bus-powered with FireWire 800 or USB allows for optimum compatibility along with an eSATA port for enhanced data transfer speeds up to 100MB/s. eSATA is not a bus-powered interface, but you can use the eSATA connection for data transfers while simultaneously using the FireWire 800 connection to power the drive. An external power supply is included with the PortaGig 50 if bus power is not available.
- Heat Transfer Technology
- Integrated heat transfer technology moves heat from internal components to the aluminum exterior, reducing the chance of component failure.
- Built In Health Monitoring
- Connected by FireWire 800, USB or eSATA, the PortaGig 50 reports the drive's health and temperature as a background task using Glyph Manager, notifying you if your drive needs attention.