The straight viewing Golden Ring HD 20-60x80 Boone and Crockett Spotting Scope Kit from Leupold embodies the full range of Leupold's advanced optical technologies and packs them into an armored magnesium alloy body that is relatively lightweight and easy to handle. Leupold outfitted this Golden Ring series scope with their Index Matched Lens System, which combines High-Definition (HD) glass and Xtended Twilight optical coatings to improve twilight performance. Included with the Boone and Crockett spotting scope kit is a cordura soft case, briefcase-style hard case, and adjustable tripod with ball head and slip-resistant feet.
Leupold's HD lenses are made of high-transmission, calcium-fluoride glass elements that produce saturated colors and clarity that is superior to that of standard optical glass. Additionally, HD elements are lead-free, and they weigh less than comparably-sized standard glass elements. The Golden Ring HD optical path is enhanced by phase-corrected BAK4 prism glass and index matched lens system. Each lens surface is multicoated with an index matched coating that is optimized to suit the refractive index, function and placement of the lens. The resulting images are detail-rich, with luminous and color faithful views.
Complementing its high-definition optical system, the Golden Ring HD Boone and Crockett scope has handling features that deliver a user-friendly glassing experience. Rubberized ridges on the zoom wheel and a textured focus dial provide tactile feedback that is especially useful when making field of view adjustments in wet conditions or while wearing gloves. The scope's eyepiece has a fold-down rubber eyecup and 30mm eye relief that provides a comfortable viewing distance even for eyeglass wearers. The Boone and Crockett scope is compatible with an optional digiscoping adapter that allows the viewer to capture the transmitted image using their digital camera.
A nitrogen-filled housing makes the Golden Ring HD scope ready to endure heavy rain and extreme humidity. A folded light path gives Golden Ring scopes their remarkably compact footprint—they are especially portable for a large-objective, high-powered optic. The combination of build quality and image quality, as well as the included accessories, make Leupold's Boone and Crockett kit a full-featured spotting scope for almost any intermediate to long-range observation.
- Optical Performance
- Objective lens: 80mm diameter
- Magnification: 20-60x
- Apparent viewing angle: 46-48°
- Eye relief: 30mm
- BAK4 prism glass with phase-correction maximizes color fidelity
- Index Matched System: HD glass and Xtended Twilight lens coating enhances light transmission
- DiamondCoat 2 scratch-resistant coating on exposed lenses
- Lead-free lens system, calcium-fluoride HD objective lens
- Use and Handling
- Straight view eyepiece is in-line with scope's objective
- Textured focus dial, zoom ring with rubberized ridges
- Fold-down rubber eyecup
- Height-adjustable tripod with ball head and non-slip feet
- Construction Details
- Nitrogen-filled for fogproof and waterproof performance
- Folded light path helps create a compact form-factor
- Integrated rail with 1/4"-20 tripod mounting socket
- Rubber-coated housing
- Length: 15.5"
- Weight: 61.8 oz