This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
This Underwater Housing from Ikelite is a waterproof case enabling you to shoot beneath the water's surface with your Nikon COOLPIX S9500 digital camera. It has a depth rating of 200'. The housing provides access to all important camera functions via mechanical controls. The camera's built-in pop-up flash is usable. The case is constructed from durable polycarbonate, which is clear to enable you to monitor the O-ring seal. Housing buoyancy is nearly neutral in freshwater.
The housing features a built-in flat glass lens port. You can attach optional 67mm threaded macro lenses with the 9306.82 Macro Adapter (not included), and the WD-4 Wide Angle Dome is also compatible. Macro lenses will aid you in extreme close-up shooting, while the wide-angle dome will correct for refraction to restore the camera's full angle of coverage. Both lenses will cut down on distortion caused by water for better overall image quality.
Expand your system by adding a wireless AF35 AutoFlash, which you can attach to an optional grip handle on a tray. This external strobe is triggered as a slave by the firing of the camera's built-in flash, and replicates TTL exposure. A flash diffuser and deflector are supplied, allowing you to soften the light of the camera's built-in flash or redirect it towards an external strobe, respectively. Also available are optional blue and green water filters to restore colors that get absorbed underwater.
- Depth Rating
- Safe to use at a maximum depth of 200'.
- Provides access to all important camera functions via mechanical controls (Rotary Multi Selector inaccessible). All controls are at your fingertips for easy reach.
- Crafted from tough, corrosion-resistant polycarbonate, which is clear to enable you to monitor the O-ring seal. A built-in air cushion reduces the possibility of fogging due to trapped moisture, and also controls buoyancy
- Nearly neutral in freshwater
- Lens Port
- Features a built-in flat glass lens port. Accepts optional 67mm threaded macro lenses with the 9306.82 Macro Adapter (not included). Also compatible with optional WD-4 Wide Angle Dome. Use macro lenses for extreme close-up shooting and opt for the wide-angle dome to correct for refraction to restore camera's full angle of coverage. The dome provides sharp image quality, even at the corners of the image, and is easily removed and replaced underwater. Housing not compatible with bayonet lenses
- Color Correction Filters
- Optional blue and green water filters available for restoring colors, especially reds and oranges, that get absorbed underwater
- TTL Flash Exposure Replication
- Expand your system by adding a wireless AF35 AutoFlash, which connects to an optional grip handle on a tray. This external strobe is triggered as a slave unit by the firing of the camera's built-in flash, and automatically varies its own power to replicate TTL exposure. Features 70° angle of coverage, 5700K color temperature and guide number of 28' / 9.0 m at ISO 100. A flash diffuser and deflector are supplied with the housing, allowing you to soften the light of the camera's built-in flash or redirect it towards the strobe, respectively.
- An optional tray with release handle(s) can be easily attached via two screws to improve stability and provide attachment points for lighting
- More Recommended Optional Accessories
- Lightweight (4 oz) aluminum Gamma LED Light has an output of over 220 lumens, a 10° beam angle and a burn time of up to 10 hr. Also available, the PRO-V8 LED Video Lite offers 510 lumens, a 45° beam angle, 4500-5500K color temperature and 10 hr burn time