Intensify your home theater experience with the Yamaha AVENTAGE CX-A5000 11.2-Channel AV Preamplifier. It features Yamaha’s CINEMA DSP HD3 3D sound field playback technology to deliver surreal surround sound. The XLR balanced connections of the preamplifier allow for 2- to 11-channel pre out and up to 2 subwoofer connections, so you can try different speaker configurations.
The preamplifier supports connection to mobile devices and the AV controller app (downloadable) allows control of functions of the preamp from your iDevice or Android device. Multi-zone functionality allows you to play back different input sources placed in different zones and to place the speakers in different zones. The preamplifier comes enclosed in a rigid H-frame reinforced chassis for superior support and strength. Thick aluminum panels and a double bottom with an A.R.T. wedge ensure protection from vibration.
The included remote control features full LED backlighting and allows control of the preamplifier and operation of external devices even in a dark room. The YPAO mic (included) allows you to analyze the environment and acoustics to adjust the speaker and preamp settings for an optimum sound output.
- CINEMA DSP HD3 with 33 DSP Programs
By using 4 CINEMA DSP engines with advanced 3D processing and 4 presence channels in an 11-channel configuration, it gives the sound an enhanced vertical dimension. You are enveloped in wide, high and dense sound fields that deliver excitingly realistic surround sound. In addition, a rear Virtual Presence Speaker has been added to the usual front Virtual Presence Speaker, so you can enjoy CINEMA DSP HD3 programs using a 9-channel system (without rear presence speakers) with almost the same sensational sound as an 11-channel system.
The broad array of surround sound programs features 6 movie choices, including Spectacle for movies with strong visual and audio impact, Sci-Fi for SFX movies, Adventure to emphasize the sound of action movies and Drama. Seven Entertainment programs match the audio characteristics of sources such as sports, music videos, and action and role-playing games. Compatibility with the Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD sound formats means you hear the full potential of every movie and music source. In addition, HD audio format decoding supports Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio; Dolby Digital Plus; and DTS-HD High-Resolution Audio.
- ESS Technology ES9016 SABRE32 Ultra DACs for All Channels Including Front and Rear Presence Channels
In the CX-A5000, all channels use high-performance ESS Technology ES9016 SABRE32 Ultra DACs, which provide 192 kHz/32-bit compatible high S/N ratio and dynamic range, ensuring that it can faithfully reproduce audio signals from Blu-ray Disc and other players, and high-quality signals from high-resolution sound sources input through networks. Matched to the design of the DAC circuit, which achieves stable ground potential (DAC on Pure Ground), they ensure high-precision D/A conversion.
The OP amp is high-grade type for maximum signal purity. It realizes even more detailed sound by adopting a 3-layer circuit board design that completely separates the digital, analog video, and analog audio circuit boards, which have different noise levels and frequency bands. Also, it features a design that provides the shortest possible circuit route. Further, by separating the power supplies to the analog circuit boards, it eliminates high-frequency noise interference from digital circuits. The shielded power supply restricts noise radiation and the large power transformer minimizes vibration.
Ultra-high performance, 192 kHz/32-bit, ESS Technology ES9016 SABRE32 Ultra DACs produce an unsurpassed sound stage with up to 124 dB dynamic range and low distortion and noise level. These DACs are even used for front and rear presence speakers. This AV receiver's sound reproduction is for the most discriminating of listeners.
- Specially Designed High-Rigidity Chassis Eliminates Effects of Vibration for Greater Sound Purity
- Chassis stiffness is enhanced by an H-shaped cross frame that boosts mechanical strength by adopting aluminum side panels that increase the stiffness of the housing and by a 3-ply structure with independent top cover and side panels. Any external vibration from the rack or other sources is damped by heavy insulators. The A.R.T. (Anti-Resonance Technology) Wedge in the center of the bottom cover acts as an additional vibration countermeasure and firmly supports the internal circuits and delicate parts. In addition, this preamp features a double bottom chassis and rigid bottom frame to further enhance chassis rigidity and reduce the transmission of vibration produced by the large power supply and other internal components.
- MHL Supports Full HD Video and Audio from Mobile Phones and Portable Devices
- MHL provides easy, direct connection of compatible mobile phones to this AV receiver. Playback of up to 1080p video and multi-channel audio from the phones is supported. The receiver also charges the connected phone; additionally, you can charge an iPod, iPhone, or iPad via USB even when the AV receiver is off. Play, stop, and other basic operations can be controlled from the remote control.
- Network Functions such as AirPlay
This AV receiver provides a variety of network functions that enable you to access more sources and also enhance operation. You can connect the receiver to a PC to enjoy Internet radio (HD Radio), Pandora, Rhapsody, and SiriusXM Internet Radio and operate your system via WebBrowser Control. The receiver also features background video play functionality for the tuner and network sources.
This AV receiver supports AirPlay, which means it can accept wireless music streaming from an iPod, iPhone, or iPad, as well as from iTunes on a Mac or PC. This makes it easy to enjoy music from your mobile devices or computer on your home theater system. You can view metadata such as song title and artist name as well as album art via the AV receiver's on-screen display. 1
- AV Controller App for Easy, Convenient Operation
This AV receiver lets you use the Yamaha AV Controller App that is downloadable from the iTunes App Store or Google Play to control power on/off and volume, select input and DSP modes, and operate other functions from an iPhone or Android device. You can also use in as many as 23 different languages and customize the interface by hiding unused icons and renaming functions. A tablet version is also available.
The AV Controller App is extremely useful for controlling various functions in multi-zone installations. Zone selection can be easily achieved by choosing zone icons which can be changed (bedroom, kitchen, etc.). You can control power on/off, input selection, and the volume level in each zone and also rename the zones. The app also shows when the Party Mode is being used and allows volume control of this function.
- Ultra HD 4K Pass-Through and Upscaling
- This AV receiver's HDMI input/output supports 4K video image pass-through. It also can perform 4K upscaling to boost a lower-resolution image to super high-def resolution. This ensures compatibility with super high-resolution video formats.
- Yamaha Video Processing Optimizes Video Content
- Various advanced processing techniques have been applied to this AV receiver. These include edge adaptive deinterlacing to smooth out jaggy noise, motion adaptive deinterlacing to detect moving or still images for precise pixel-by-pixel processing, and multi-cadence detection including 3-2 pull-down. Proper processing makes viewing enjoyment complete regardless of the video source or content.
- High-Resolution Music Enhancer Further Heightens Musicality from the Original Content
- Hi-bit high-sampling extension up to 96 kHz/24-bit can be applied to lossless 44.1/48 kHz content such as from a CD (2-channel PCM) or a FLAC file for further heightening of the musicality in the original content.
- Compressed Music Enhancer
- When music is encoded into a digitally compressed format like MP3, the frequency response suffers. Yamaha's Compressed Music Enhancer employs sophisticated digital signal processing using exclusive algorithms to restore what was lost, so the music always sounds the way it should.
- Dialogue Lift and Dialogue Level Adjustment for Natural Dialogue and Vocals
- Dialogue Lift raises the sound of dialogue from the center speaker to a position in the center of the screen. Virtual dialogue lift achieves dialogue lift function even without the need for presence speakers. Dialogue Level Adjustment lets you control the volume of the vocal sound, so you hear movie dialogue and music vocals at the appropriate level for clear, comfortable listening.
- Advanced HDMI Zone Switching Allows Unprecedented AV Switching to Multiple Zones
- While standard HDMI zone switching can only send HD video programs to the main and second zones, Yamaha's advanced HDMI zone switching adds the capability to choose from all audio and video sources for playback in either zone. An on-screen graphical user interface makes it easy to browse and select content to enjoy from the second zone no matter what is being played in the main zone.
- YPAO R.S.C. (Reflected Sound Control) Sound Optimization with Multi-Point/Speaker Angle Measurement
- YPAO analyzes room acoustics and performs speaker angle measurements, then calibrates audio parameters to achieve optimum sound at any of several listening positions. It employs Reflected Sound Control to correct early reflections for studio-quality sound. It also provides DSP Effect Normalization, which varies the CINEMA DSP parameters according to the reflected sounds.
- Handy Trigger Control
- The CX-A5000 provides 2 trigger out jacks that enable control of connected component functions such as power on/off and input selection. The MX-A5000 Power Amplifier or another amplifier or subwoofer (all sold separately) with a trigger in jack can be connected to allow use of the convenient trigger function.
- Miscellaneous Audio/Video Features
- The preamplifier features 8 HDMI inputs (1 on the front panel for devices such as camcorders and digital cameras) and 2 outputs with 3D and Audio Return Channel. Its ultra low jitter PLL circuitry and subwoofer trim functionality help optimize and improve sound imaging. The preamp also features a phono input for vinyl playback and supports analog-to-analog video conversion. Audio delay for adjusting lip-sync (0 to 500 ms) gives you the feeling of viewing live action and dialogue. In addition, adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control) and DSP allow for surreal sound output. Further, the receiver also features the ability to change HDMI input while in the Standby Through mode.
- Advanced Zone Control
- The receiver offers versatile zone control up to 4 zones including Party Mode. In addition, it also features the following: Zone 2/3/4 on/off and control on front panel; zone GUI (song/station select, album cover art display, zone tone controls/zone balance, short message); zone 2/3 video assign (component, S-video, composite); system backup/recovery function; zone mono, zone volume, tone controls and balance, etc.
- Selectable Auto Power Standby
- Auto Power Standby lets you save energy by selecting to turn off the power after 2, 4, 8, or 12 hours.
- Low Standby Power Consumption
- The eco-friendly receiver has a low standby power consumption of 0.3W in IR Standby mode (5W in HDMI Standby Through mode, 2.2W in Network Standby mode).
- Remote Control
- The unit comes with a remote control with full LED backlight illumination that allows you to control and operate external devices even in a dark room, so your home theater experience is complete. The macro, learning, and preset capable remote also supports HDMI CEC.
- Connection for YWA-10 Wi-Fi Adapter
- This AV receiver provides a DC out connection for the YWA-10 Wi-Fi Adapter (optional accessory; sold separately). This lets you stream music wirelessly via a router from network components such as a PC or NAS.
- Connection for YBA-11 Bluetooth Wireless Adapter
- This AV receiver provides a DC out connection for the YBA-11 Bluetooth Wireless Adapter (optional accessory; sold separately). You'll be able to stream music wirelessly from a Bluetooth wireless technology capable smartphone, tablet, or PC without the need for Wi-Fi.