Complement the powerful picture of your home theater system with powerful sound from the Yamaha AVENTAGE MX-A5000 11-Channel Power Amplifier. It is designed to deliver noise-free, balanced output on all 11 channels for pure sound realism. Its large toroidal transformer ensures that the unit packs enough power to feed multiple speakers for demanding applications.
The balanced XLR connections ensure minimum noise and interference when connected to the balanced outputs from a preamp (sold separately). For maximum immunity to noise and vibrations, this powerful amplifier is enclosed in a rugged housing with thick aluminum front and side panels with extra heavy steel legs and a double bottom. In addition, the rugged H-frame reinforced chassis provides mechanical strength.
This powerful amplifier can provide configuration flexibility when used along with the CX-A5000 Preamplifier (sold separately) for multi-zone applications. With the speaker's B function, the amplifier can power up to 13 individual speakers in single or multi-zone configurations. The power and noise and vibration resistant characteristics of this amplifier make it an apt choice for audiophiles and enthusiasts who desire a powerful, professional home theater experience.
- Overwhelming Power and High Density Presence Achieved by 11.2 Channel Separate AV Amps
- The MX-A5000 11-Channel Power Amplifier is discretely structured to deliver powerful driving force that provides appreciable quality and performance for all channels. When combined with the CX-A5000 11.2 Channel Preamplifier (sold separately), it achieves overwhelming silence and dynamic sound. With nearly all types of sound sources, you will enjoy a deep resonance that immerses you in music with the full-scale presence of 11.2 channels.
- Specially Designed High-Rigidity Chassis Eliminates Effects of Vibration for Greater Sound Purity
Chassis stiffness is enhanced by an H-shaped cross frame that boosts mechanical strength by adopting aluminum side panels that increase the stiffness of the housing, and by a three-ply structure with independent top cover and side panels. Any external vibration from the rack or other sources is damped by heavy insulators. The A.R.T. (Anti-Resonance Technology) Wedge in the center of the bottom cover acts as an additional vibration countermeasure and firmly supports the internal circuits and delicate parts.
In addition, the MX-A5000 has a double bottom, consisting of vibration control plates made of 1/8" (1.6mm) black steel. In order to support the heavy heat sinks and other parts, it has a left-right independent construction strengthened by a rigid-frame structure. The bottom frame reduces the transmission of vibration produced by the large power supply transformer and heat sinks. It also incorporates a heavy insulator that blocks external vibration.
- Symmetrical Power Amplifier Layout
- The interior of the unit has been precisely planned, circuit-routed, and built so that the left and right channels are physically and electrically isolated. This not only maximizes channel separation, but also greatly improves signal to noise ratio, and helps achieve a wide, open sound stage.
- Quality Parts Achieve High Power to 11 Channels and Unrestricted Speaker Drive
The MX-A5000 Power Amplifier uses a current feedback power amp with a 3-stage Darlington circuit that has superior phase properties and is resistant to speaker impedance fluctuation. To fully realize its inherent power, it uses high-quality parts with superior sound quality that were strictly selected based on listening tests.
The power supply transformer is a specially developed high-output, high-efficiency, large size toroidal transformer. With 2 specially developed high-capacity (27,000 μF) block capacitors, it minimizes energy loss and features power supply capacity with generous headroom. This ensures sound that is capable of superior musical expression. The speaker output terminals are high-quality gold-plated type and are compatible with Y plugs for optimum speaker connectivity.
- Noise Resistant, Reliable Balanced Connection
- Electrical noise may be generated due to connection with other AV components, connection between AV components, as well as other sources of external noise. To ensure that the MX-A5000 is not affected by this distortion when connected to the CX-A5000 Preamplifier (sold separately), the amplifier features highly noise-resistant balanced connections. Even the RCA unbalanced connection uses a ground sensing transmission method that achieves simple balanced transmission. And in cases where each XLR channel is used selectively, the impact of noise flowing between the preamp and the chassis of the power amp is removed, minimizing sound quality deterioration due to the connection.
- 5-Channel Bi-Amping and Other Configurations in Addition to 11.2 Channel Output
- The MX-A5000 is designed to allow flexible system building. In addition to the 11 channel output that maximizes Cinema DSP HD3 performance and makes the most of the capabilities of the speakers, the amplifier supports bi-amping for driving a tweeter and woofer with separate amps. Furthermore, it allows bi-amping of all 5 channels using the 11 internal channels. Extra amps can be used to power multiple zones in addition to the main room, letting you configure your system for music play in a bedroom or kitchen. You can switch all 11 channel input jacks back and forth between balanced and unbalanced for each channel, further increasing system flexibility.
- Auto Power Standby
- The MX-A5000 Amplifier has an Auto Power Standby function that will turn the power off after 8 hours. It can be turned on and off via a rear panel switch and is overridden by the trigger function.
- Trigger Control for Synchronized Power On/Off
- The trigger function allows automatic power synchronization with other components that support this function. Connecting a preamp, for example, to the Trigger In jack turns the power on and off together with the preamp. Connecting another component such as a subwoofer to the Trigger Out jack syncs the power of that component to the power amplifier. In addition, the input from the Trigger In jack can be output in a cascade connection to control the power of another component such as another power amplifier (Through Out).
- Speaker Impedance Selection
- The impedance selector on the rear panel of the MX-A5000 matches the amplifier output current to various speaker impedances.