The 16TB (4 x 4TB) Sentinel RX4100 Rackmount Small Business Storage Server from WD is designed to handle the workload generated by the majority of small businesses as it comes equipped with four 4TB hard drives providing a storage capacity of 16TB. Easily connect this rackmount NAS storage server to your existing network configuration via the integrated Gigabit Ethernet port providing data transfer speeds up to 105 MB/s. Aside from the integrated Ethernet port, you also benefit from two powered USB 3.0 ports, one powered USB 2.0 port, and one VGA port for versatile connectivity options.
The Sentinel RX4100 also comes equipped with an integrated Intel 1.8 GHz dual core Atom processor, RAID 5 hard drive configuration with automatic rebuild functionality, and the ability to easily swap out drives without the need to power down your system as each drive is hot-swappable. This server is compatible with a variety of operating systems including Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Mac OS X Mountain Lion, Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, and Mac OS X Leopard making this one of the most versatile rackmount servers available.
Once configured, you can begin monitoring and administering services from nearly anywhere through secure remote access ensuring you can always remain in control of your network. Along with remote access, you can stay on top of the status of your network through real-time system status updates via the administration dashboard or email alerts.
- Easy Setup and Administration
- WD Sentinel RX4100 is designed for easy setup and administration. With a Windows based setup wizard you can easily navigate the storage server into your office network. The Administration Dashboard quickly guides you through tasks, such as adding users, creating shared folders, setting up permissions and managing client computer backups. Active Directory join enables WD Sentinel to seamlessly integrate into your existing infrastructure and networks, and if an IT professional's assistance is needed, they can manage the server remotely using built-in secure Remote Web Access.
- Real-Time System Status
- Receive critical system updates via the built-in email alerts. Or view real-time system updates, RAID and network status using the online Dashboard.
- Enhanced Performance
- With dual Gigabit Ethernet connectivity, WD Sentinel RX4100 delivers read speeds up to 105 MB/s through the Gigabit Ethernet interface. That's three times faster than most network drives in the Windows category today.
- Comprehensive Data Protection
- WD Sentinel RX4100 features four hot-swappable hard drives pre-configured in RAID 5 for data protection and system resiliency, along with dual Gigabit Ethernet ports for network fail-over and an optional dual power supply. Business data is protected with the automatic backup and restore software included for Windows and Time Machine backup for Mac. Small businesses can also protect their data with KeepVault, the optional off-site disaster recovery service that protects data from unforeseen disasters.
- Compatible With Multiple Operating Systems
- WD Sentinel RX4100 includes the Connector software for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8, and Mac OS X Mountain Lion, Lion, Snow Leopard, and Leopard. Support for major network file-system protocols enables cross-platform compatibility and file sharing among Windows, Mac and Linux/UNIX operating systems. Compatibility may vary depending on hardware configuration and operating systems.
- Secure Remote Access
- With built-in secure remote access, employees, clients and vendors can access the files on the WD Sentinel from any computer with an Internet connection.
- Fully Compatible with Mac OS Clients
- WD Sentinel RX4100 supports Apple Filing Protocol (AFP), for Mac OS-based client machines. Discover WD Sentinel RX4100 automatically using Bonjour, seamlessly back up using Apple's Time Machine, enjoy faster data transfer over Ethernet using AFP, and manage your WD Sentinel server using the Administration Dashboard application for Mac.
- Enhanced Processing Power
- WD Sentinel is equipped with high-capacity storage hard drives and an Intel Atom dual core processor. It's powered by Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials software to deliver a reliable, secure and easy-to-manage storage server for small office environments.
- Extend Features Using Add-Ins
- WD Sentinel allows you to add features to your server using third-party add-ins.
- Virtualize WD Sentinel Storage Using iSCSI Target
- WD Sentinel RX4100 offers built-in iSCSI target functionality to easily manage the setup and deployment of iSCSI Storage. With this target solution powered by StarWind, advanced users can partition their WD Sentinel for either NAS File-based storage or block-storage. This capability allows users to create multiple iSCSI targets to meet the needs of dynamic IT environments.
- Real-Time System Status Through the Administration Dashboard or Email Alerts
- Receive critical system updates via the built-in email alerts functionality. Or view real-time updates for the system, RAID and network status through the Dashboard, which includes easy-to-use task wizards to set backup schedules, administer user accounts and manage public and private shares.