The Intel Core i7-4770K is a 3.5 GHz quad-core processor for use with LGA 1150 socket motherboards. When extra power is needed, Intel Turbo Boost Technology can be enabled for a maximum frequency of 3.9 GHz. The Core i7-4770K is compatible with DDR3-1333/1600 memory and has 8MB's of cache for retrieving bits of frequently accessed data.
For graphics rendering, the Intel Core i7-4770k utilizes the Intel HD Graphics 4600 chipset. This processor also features Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x), which helps to improve productivity by isolating computing activities into separate partitions. Intel 64 is also on-board, which works in conjunction with 64-bit operating systems, giving you access to 4GB or more of virtual and/or physical memory. The Core i7-4770K also includes Idle State Technology; this saves power when the processor is in an idle state.
Built for security as well as performance, the Core i7-4770K incorporates Intel Data and Identify Theft protection, which includes AES-NI encryption and security keys to protect you from software attacks, while Anti-Theft technology is available via subscription to protect your computer in the event that it's lost or stolen. This processor also includes Thermal Monitoring which protects the processor from thermal failure by reducing power consumption when temperatures reach unsafe levels.
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology dynamically increases the processor's frequency as needed by taking advantage of thermal and power headroom to give you a burst of speed when you need it, and increased energy efficiency when you don't.
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology delivers two processing threads per physical core. Highly threaded applications operate in parallel, completing tasks sooner.
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology
- Conventional Intel SpeedStep Technology switches both voltage and frequency between high and low levels in response to processor load. Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology builds upon that architecture using design strategies such as separation between voltage and frequency changes, and clock partitioning and recovery.
- Intel Virtualization Technology
- Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x) allows one hardware platform to function as multiple "virtual" platforms. This technology can improve manageability by limiting downtime and maintaining productivity by isolating computing activities into separate partitions.
- Intel VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT)
- An extension of (VT-x), Extended Page Tables (EPT) provides acceleration for memory intensive virtualized applications. EPT is designed to reduce memory and power demands while increasing battery life through hardware optimization of page table management.
- Intel 64
- Intel 64 architecture delivers 64-bit computing on server, workstation, desktop and mobile platforms when combined with 64-bit operating systems; Intel 64 architecture improves performance by allowing systems to utilize more than 4 GB of both virtual and physical memory.
- Idle States
- Idle States Technology (C-states) is used to save power when the processor is idle. Power-saving actions are taken based on the c-state numerical value.
- Thermal Monitoring Technologies
- Thermal Monitoring protects the processor package and the system from thermal failure through several thermal management features. An on-die Digital Thermal Sensor (DTS) detects the core's temperature, and the thermal management features reduce package power consumption and temperature to remain within normal operating limits.
- Intel Identity Protection Technology
- Intel Identity Protection Technology is a built-in security token technology that helps provide a tamper-resistant method for protecting access to your important data. Intel IPT provides hardware-based verification of a unique user's digital footprint for websites, financial institutions, and network services, keeping your log-in information safe from malware.
- Intel Platform Protection Technology
- Via subscription, Intel Anti-Theft Technology (Intel AT) allows you to lock-down your computer remotely in the event that it's lost or stolen. Also included in platform protection is Execute Disable Bit, this is a hardware-based security feature that can reduce exposure to viruses and malicious-code attacks as well as prevents harmful software from executing and propagating on your server or network.
- Intel Data Protection Technology
- Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions (AES-NI) are a set of instructions that enable fast and secure data encryption and decryption. Data is also protected with Intel Secure Key, which consists of a digital random number generator that creates truly random numbers to strengthen encryption algorithms.