The IOGEAR GSR203 Portable Smart Card Reader gives you a compact, lightweight solution for accessing smart card data on the road or in a stationary location. The GSR203 can be used in a number of industries, including government, healthcare, and banking. Its tuck-away USB 2.0 cable also serves as a power source - you don't have to worry about an external power supply limiting your portability.
This smart card reader is EMV 2000 Level 1 approved with support for 3V and 5V cards and is FIPS-201 compliant, adhering to the US Federal Information Processing Standard. The GSR203 also incorporates ISO7816 standards, meeting the smart card industry qualifying attributes. Because the GSR203 supports these standardizations and protocols it can seamlessly integrate into government and business data networks.
This portable smart card reader is also compatible for use with optional CAC card software, the smart card software most commonly used by Government agencies.
- The GSR203 is practically pocket-sized and weighs just 0.85 oz. It was designed for on-the-go use.
Government: Add an additional level of security to computers with sensitive information.
Healthcare: Secure patient information by requiring smart card access of system terminals and computers.
Banking: Protect your customers from unwanted data and monetary theft.
- TAA Compliance
- The GSR202 is an approved TAA compliant product, certifying it for US Government purchase and use.
- EMV 2000 Level 1 approved with support for 3V and 5V cards and the implementation of ISO7816 - Class A, B, and C (5V / 3V / 1.8V) cards, means vast support for smart card industry standards and protocols.
- Power & Scan LED Indicator
- An LED indicator allows you to conveniently determine the status of your card swipes.