The Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12 is a Windows based video editing software that allows you to edit multiple file types on the same timeline, greatly speeding up your editing. The built-in support for AVC/AAC encoded Mpeg-4 video, AVI, and Quicktime support allows you to import a wide variety of files, including those from compatible handycam, action cam, and phones. Movie Studio Platinum 12 also supports 24p/50p/60p timelines so you can this footage natively and avoid transcoding and rendering. It supports up to 20 video and 20 audio tracks, allowing you to create complex edits, without having to render out segments when adding multiple titles or audio effects.
Stereoscopic editing support means that you can edit your 3D stereoscopic projects using the same familiar environment and tools that you use to edit 2D. The color correction tools include secondary color correction for further control of your image. You can also preview on a second monitor, so you can see your video on a large screen, without obscuring the software interface., include Audio tools include audio waveform drawing, 16-bit, 44 KHz quality, volume & pan envelopes, and event normalization. The export and file sharing tools allow you to share your videos to Pixelcast and YouTube, export for mobile devices.
Movie Studio Platinum 12
- What's New?
- 20 Sony Sound Series production music files
- Windows Vista and Windows 7 64-bit support
- Simplified event edge trimming
- 3D Blu-ray Disc and Internet
- Publish movies to Pixelcast
- Support for GPU-accelerated AVC rendering using the Sony AVC and MainConcept AVC plug-ins
- Up to 20 video tracks
- Up to 20 audio tracks
- Split and Trim toolbar buttons
- 3D Floating Windows controls
- Color-coded visual event indicator has been added to timeline
- Timeline Supports Multiple File Formats
- Movie Studio Platinum supports multiple file types, and you can edit them on the same timeline.
- Easy Project Creation
- The project dialog windows guide you through the set up options, select the option that best matches your video (AVCHD, Blu-ray Disc, stereoscopic 3D, and more) and Movie Studio sets your Project Properties for you.
- Multiple Frame Rate
- Support for 24p/50/60p native frame rates, allows you to avoid transcoding and rendering footage with these frame rates just to edit them. This is a great time saver, and provides you a quicker workflow, and improved quality.
- Sounds and Titles
- Import your own music from CD or MP3, record instruments directly into the program, or select from the 20 included Sony Sound Series: Production Music audio files to create the perfect music bed. The choice is yours! Animate text in your movies with the Titles & Text tool.
- Transitions and Dissolves
- From standard dissolves to sensational 3D, add artistic style between scenes with video transitions. Change the duration of each transition with a simple drag of the video or audio event.
- Simple Editing Tools
- Use new tools like the Split and Trim buttons in the toolbar for speedy and precise editing. Use the Split button to break an event into sections. The new Trim button helps to quickly remove excess footage from the beginning or end of your project.
- Transport Controls
- The Trimmer and Video Preview windows transport controls provide intuitive and immediate command over editing, as well as improve the overall workflow and experience.
- Stereoscopic 3D
- Movie Studio Platinum supports stereoscopic 3D projects, just as well as it does 2D projects without any additional plug-ins or tools required. You can preview and deliver projects in side by side, line alternate, and anaglyphic modes. If you are working with a simple monitor that doesn't support side-by-side or line alternate stereoscopic video, you can preview your product in anaglyphic 3D to check the 3D effect (Anaglyph glasses not included), and still deliver in other stereoscopic formats.
- Secondary Color Corrector
- Adjust color differences in videos shot with multiple camera setups or lighting situations from within Movie Studio Platinum. This allows you to Enhance dull, washed-out footage, make specific color ranges stand out, all without using additional software or plug-ins.
- Image Stabilization
- Built-in Image Stabilization presets allow you to reduce jitter and shaky video footage without requiring additional plug-ins.
- Video Plug-In Architecture
- Supporting the Open Effects Association platform allows you to easily expand Movie Studio Platinum with industry standard plug-ins.
- Easy Slideshow Creation
- Quickly create dynamic slideshows from a set of images with a few simple clicks. Create pan/zoom effects and transitions across a collection of still images.
- You can also import your own music directly from CD or MP3 files. Access up to 20 royalty-free Sony Sound Series: Production Music soundtracks. Each Production Music soundtrack comes in four different lengths.
- Live Recording
- Record your own voiceover and music into Movie Studio Platinum. Work with up to 20 tracks, all of which can be used to record audio.
- Restore Audio
- The Audio Restoration plug-in lets you remove clicks, pops, and other unwanted noise from your music and audio files.
- Audio Event FX
- Audio Event effects provide more precise control over the placement of audio effects as you can apply unique effects directly to events.
- Zplane Elastique Timestretching
- Perform dramatic time stretches and pitch-shifts of audio tracks while retaining maximum sound quality.
- Surround Sound Mixing and Encoding
- Import multichannel (5.1) source files from your camcorder. Use the surround sound mixing and panning tools to create surround sound DVD soundtracks. Encode AC-3 stereo or 5.1 mixes with the included Dolby Digital AC-3 encoding software.
Sharing and Exporting
- File Sharing
- Movie Studio Platinum features advanced file sharing capabilities that allows you to share your projects over the web. You can publish movies to Pixelcast from within the application. It also features built-in YouTube upload support. Built-in support for iPod, and Play Station Portable device file formats makes it simple to create versions of your projects for those devices.