The VivoBook S400CA-DB51T 14" Multi-Touch Ultrabook Computer from ASUS features an ergonomic edge design with textured metal-treated surfaces for a dynamic, high-mobility computing experience. It also features an intuitive 14" touchscreen that supports the multi-touch gestures integrated into Windows 8.
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 1.8GHz Intel Core i5-3337U processor. It also has 6GB of DDR3 RAM, a 500GB 5400rpm hard drive, a 24GB solid state drive cache, a Secure Digital (SD) card reader, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with SonicMaster technology.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5 Performance
- The VivoBook S400CA houses an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5-3337U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.8GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 2.7GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache, 6GB of DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to multitask between applications quickly and efficiently
- 14" Widescreen LED-Backlit Touchscreen
- The 14" widescreen display features LED backlight technology, which has lower power consumption and better energy efficiency than their CCFL counterparts. The screen is also a touchscreen that supports the multi-touch gestures integrated into Windows 8. You'll be able to tap, pinch-to-zoom and swipe your way through the Start Screen. The screen also has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000. The resolution of the VivoBook S400CA can play 720p HD content natively without upscaling. You can also output video to a larger external display, such as a HDTV, via the HDMI port
- Stay Connected
- For a fast, reliable Internet connection, you can use the 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 jack on the VivoBook S400CA. However, the VivoBook S400CA is a portable computer so you may utilize the 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi support to connect to a wireless home or public network. Bluetooth 4.0 is also available so you can connect wirelessly to Bluetooth-compatible devices, such as a wireless mouse
- ASUS SonicMaster
- The VivoBook S400CA features exclusive ASUS SonicMaster tehcnology with Waves MaxxAudio 3 for powerful sound and rich bass through large stereo speakers and chambers to provide a rewarding audio experience
- ASUS WebStorage
- ASUS WebStorage lets you access all your documents, photos and music from any device with 32GB of cloud storage for 3 years. Instant file synchronization gives you real-time updates for every item on WebStorage and with easy link-based sharing, you can connect to friends and family
- USB 3.0
- USB 3.0 offers data transfer rates of up to 5Gbps, which is up to 10 times faster than the USB 2.0 standard. USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 devices
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it