The black VivoBook V500CA-DB71T Multi-Touch 15.6" Notebook Computer from ASUS features a traditional notebook computer design, but has a touchscreen for added convenience. You'll be able to use your keyboard, mouse and now your fingers as you can tap directly on tiles instead of clicking on them. The 15.6" screen also has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000.
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 2.0GHz Intel Core i7-3537U processor. It also has 8GB of DDR3 RAM, a 500GB 5400rpm hard drive,, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with SonicMaster technology.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
ASUS VivoBook V500CA
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i7 Performance
- The ASUS VivoBook V500CA houses an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i7-3537U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 2.0GHz. Also, you can utilize Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology to overclock the processor up to 3.1GHz. With a dedicated 4MB L3 cache, 8GB of DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to push the processor up to four virtual cores for quick and efficient multitasking
- 15.6" LED-Backlit Touchscreen
- The 15.6" HD widescreen LED-backlit display of this ASUS VivoBook V500CA supports capacitive touch capabilities. With the Windows 8 operating system, you'll be able to take full advantage of the 1366 x 768 native resolution by tapping on tiles, pinching to zoom and dragging icons using just your fingers. The visuals are handled by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Stay Connected
- For a fast wired Internet connection, you can use the 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 LAN jack. You can also use 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi to connect to the Internet wirelessly and stay mobile. Bluetooth 4.0 technology is also supported so you can connect to all your favorite peripherals, such as a wireless keyboard or mouse
- ASUS WebStorage
- The ASUS VivoBook V500CA comes with 32GB of free ASUS WebStorage for three years. With ASUS WebStorage, you'll be able to save music, photos and documents to the cloud and access them from any device. You'll be connecting to ASUS' secured network so all your files will be safe
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen
- Seamless Integration of Multi-Touch Gestures
- Windows 8 supports multi-touch gestures. Now, you can use your keyboard, mouse or the touchpad using simple gestures. Whether you're browsing apps, reading a book or typing on the go with touch, you'll be able to seamlessly switch between all three interactive components. With the touchpad, Windows 8 allows you to use multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag, tap, slide, pinch-to-zoom and more
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it