Drawing on Canon's expertise in optical and imaging technologies, the REALiS WX450ST Pro AV Short Throw LCOS Projector from Canon features a built-in Canon projection lens engineered to address a broad range of image-display requirements.
Designed for short-throw use, the projector is equipped with horizontal and vertical lens-shift adjustability for distortion-free image quality in environments where the projector must be located close to the screen or display surface.
The projector employs Canon's AISYS 5.0 optical engine that helps improve the management of light through the projectors' next-generation Canon LCOS display panels.
Finally, the projector boasts 4500 lumens of brightness and WXGA+ (1440 x 900) resolution. It delivers a 2000:1 contrast ratio, versatile connectivity and management controls, image-processing and edge-blending capabilities, energy efficiency, and a lower total cost of ownership as compared to previous models.
- 4500 Lumens
- The projector features WXGA+ (1440 x 900) resolution, an output of 4500 lumens, a 2000:1 contrast ratio and advanced AISYS technology
- Throw Ratio
- From large conference rooms and auditoriums to houses of worship and museums, users of the projector can appreciate its short throw of 0.57:1 that is capable of filling up a large 7' (2.1 m) screen from as close as only 4' (1.2 m) away. And this capability comes along with beautifully rendered images and video, without sacrificing clarity, brightness or color reproduction
- 4-Point Keystone Correction
- Some features of the projector include a 4 point keystone correction and USB based playback of JPEG image files directly from a thumb drive without a PC connected
- The Picture-by-Picture feature allows for the simultaneous use of high quality digital video inputs (HDMI and DVI) in split screen mode
- Mechanical Lens Shift
- This flexible projector works well under a diverse range of installation scenarios to meet your organization's specific requirements. Its built-in, mechanical lens shift is capable of a wide range. Vertically, the projector's shift range can be set from 0 to 75%. Horizontally, it can be adjusted from between +/- 10%
- Fixed Top Zoom Function
- In the past, it has sometimes been difficult to fully utilize the zoom feature in an installation projector, as you would have to tilt the projector. Doing so could result in a distorted, trapezoidal picture or video that would then require keystone correction - sometimes at the cost of image quality. The projector helps make this challenge a thing of the past. With its fixed top zoom function, users can easily zoom in or out while maintaining the height of the projection position. Lowering the position of the projected image or video can be as simple as adjusting the unit's mechanical lens shift function
- Image Processing
- In order to check for proper installation alignment and aspect ratio setting, the unit includes built-in test patterns that enable PC-less calibration without a test pattern generator. When two projectors are necessary in order to effectively communicate your entire presentation, the projector's built-in edge blending processor seamlessly combines the two projected images. The unit is capable of overlapping 0-960 horizontal pixels and 0-600 vertical pixels. Canon's easy to use, built-in processor corrects for over brightness within the intersected areas for seamless projection. Its low TV distortion (0.1%) supplies crisp, beautiful and uniform horizontal and vertical blending. Finally, high image quality is achieved through the use of LCoS technology, to help ensure the most advanced grayscale capable of producing extremely sharp, distinct and smooth highlights and shadows
- Compact Design
- The projector measures 13.3" x 4.6" x 16.3" (337 x 132 x 415 mm) and weighs a mere 13.4 lbs. (6.1 kg), contributing to its flexibility in installation. The unit can also be installed vertically, in order to provide even greater installation flexibility in the tightest of spaces - allowing you to maximize your installation options without compromising image quality. The projector can be a replacement solution for telephoto and ultra telephoto installations, installed at a short distance from the screen, filling the screen with an image of the same size and brightness as the telephoto lens model it replaces, with less lumens required, for greater efficiency
- Multiple Installation Options
• Front or Rear Projection
The projector makes for an ideal unit for both front and rear projection. Utilized as a front installed projector, its built-in lens shift function can enable virtually distortion-free images and videos without the distraction of a bright glare, as its light does not enter into the presenter's line of vision, making this an ideal short-throw projector for lecture halls and large meeting rooms. Because of this, on-screen shadows are virtually eliminated. As a rear installed projector, the projector's short throw ratio becomes a great solution for space-restricted areas, such as surveillance rooms, events and simulations.
• Telephoto / Ultra Telephoto Applications
The projector is an excellent replacement choice for units normally used in telephoto and ultra telephoto applications. This type of installation, at the rear of a room, on a high tower or ceiling mounted, can be costly and require significant work and time to install. Long cable runs can also reduce image quality. Say goodbye to these challenges. The projector can be a cost-effective alternative, taking less time and effort to install. Making use of less expensive, shorter cables can save money, without sacrificing high quality resolution, clarity or ease of use.
For greater flexibility, double the brightness and even larger projected images and videos, two WX450ST projectors can be stacked. Even with two units, its compact and lightweight design makes it possible for the pair to fit into areas where many other projectors could not be as easily accommodated.
• Ceiling Mounting
The light weight and compact size of the projector helps makes a ceiling installation an easier task. Optional feet can be fitted on the unit for an inverted mount.
The projector can also be installed vertically for greater flexibility and convenience.
• Easy Maintenance
In Canon comparative testing, the projector consumed less than .079 W per lumen. This low ratio helps to extend the life of its lamp to 3000 hours (or 4500 hours in Eco Mode). Furthermore, its filter design provides for up to a lengthy 12,000 hours of operation before needing replacement. Both the lamp and the unit's air filters can be easily replaced while the projector is installed - even if ceiling mounted, in order to greatly enhance ease of use, ease of maintenance and simplicity
- Network Management Capability
• Control Over IP
Included in the projector is a full suite of network features including full control over IP. Power management, usage tracking and control can be done over the onboard LAN port for up to 250 projectors on the network - a boon for schools or in trade show applications. Operate, track, monitor and generate operating reports for your organization with ease. Integrated Creston Room View support is also provided.
Another key network feature is the content streaming capability. Without dedicated software, one or more PCs can connect to the projector over a standard LAN to share content.
• Simultaneous Multi-Screen Projection (Picture-by-Picture)
The projector has a built-in processor to show up to four different screens simultaneously, using both HDMI and DVI digital video inputs. This can be done within a room, or in multiple locations, helping to simplify installation
- Multimedia Capabilities
• USB Port Memory Sticks
A USB port located in the back of the unit allows you the flexibility and convenience to make presentations without a PC. The USB port can also be utilized to update the unit's firmware, so that you may never need to uninstall your projector - which could save you time.
• JPEG Image Support
Business professionals, university educators and others that rely on JPEG images to communicate a richer and more fully realized presentation will appreciate the projector's support of this format through the use of the USB memory stick port. The projector's new image processor races to deliver most images in less than two seconds, without the need for a PC computer.
• Built-In Speaker
In presentation spaces and situations where an external sound system is not available, the projector features an integrated 5 W monaural speaker that delivers crisp sound, even at a high volume. Whether you need to showcase an audio file or to play a movie for your listening audience, you will not need either a PC computer or peripheral components to do so
- Quiet Operation
- Your audience wants to hear you - not the projector. The projector operates at only 38 dB, so this is not a problem. Switch the unit to power saver and the noise level drops to only 32 dB