The Dynamic Perception AT2 Motion Controller is designed to provide real-time control over two DC Motor Axes primarily for live video work or for certain simple continuous motion time-lapse setups where an external intervalometer is used.
The AT2 Motion Controller provides easy and intuitive control over two brushed DC motor axes for real-time video motion control. All controls are true analog, providing efficient results. Up to 5 seconds of analog damping delay can be configured for each joystick axis. Selectable cruise control can also be used for each axis, controlling both speed and direction with a single knob. Orientation issues can easily be resolved with direction inversion for each axis. Locking DC jacks ensure reliable connectivity when combined with Dynamic Perception EZ-Swap DC Motors.
Note! Does not include a power supply; you must purchase either a battery or an AC to DC adapter for the AT2 Motion Controller to function properly.
- X/Y Joystick
- The X/Y Joystick allows control over each of the X and Y axes. Moving the joystick along an axis causes that axis to move when Cruise control is disabled for that axis.
- Damping Adjustment
- When Cruise control is disabled for an axis, the knob for that axis controls damping, which is the amount of delay that applied to speed changes on that axis. The maximum configurable damping is 5 seconds.
- For situations where holding the joystick at a certain speed and direction for an axis is not desired, Cruise control may be used. 1
- Direction Inversion
- There are times when one's perspective of direction is changed based on the relationship to the motion rig. This can cause confusion when attempting to drive an axis with the joystick. To aid in this, each axis has a direction inversion switch on the front panel of the AT2 controller. Flipping this switch causes the axis to move in opposite directions relative to the inputs.
- Locking DC Jacks
- All DC jacks on the AT2 controller are of the locking type, which uses a simple winged plug, as is found on the Dynamic Perception EZ-Swap DC Motors.
- Movement and Torque Take-Up
- The AT2 controller is a truly analog motion controller, which uses analog circuitry to feed pulse-width modulation of the motor drivers with a maximum 500 Hz timing period. This means that there is no special mode for operation at very low speeds, and some motor and load combinations may result in no movement at very low speeds.