Nero's Burning ROM 12 for Windows (Download) burns content to Blu-ray discs, DVDs, and CDs and can also rip audio from CDs and convert it to various formats. Converting audio allows for compatibility with different devices and the flexibility of mixing music and creating your own playlists.
A feature called DiscSpan enables you to burn large files across multiple discs and even different disc types. Other features let you assign start-up files and icons, burn disc images, and set privacy passwords, and a feature called SecurDisc aims at ensuring that the data you burn will withstand disc scratches and disc deterioration.
- Span Large Files Across Multiple Discs
- A feature called DiscSpan can automatically burn large files across multiple discs and even mix disc types. DiscSpan SmartFit can automatically split data across the fewest number of discs possible, meaning use up a disc to capacity before moving on to the next one.
- Rip and Convert Audio
- Burning ROM 12 lets you rip the content off of audio CDs and convert it to various formats for compatibility with different devices. You can also set variable bit rates for MP3/MP3 PRO formats to get the highest quality possible with the lowest amount of storage space.
- Withstand Scratches and Protect Privacy
- SecurDisc technology aims at ensuring that the data you burn will withstand disc scratches and disc deterioration. SecurDisc also enables you to set privacy and protection passwords on your discs.
- Define Files and Icons
- Create discs that play an assigned file and display an assigned icon at start-up.
- Create and Burn Disc Images
- A feature called ImageRecorder lets you create image files for your discs by simple drag and drop operation. You can burn ISO, NRG, CUE, and IMG disc image formats to Blu-ray disc, DVDs, and CDs.