The business-rugged CF-F9KWJZZ1M Toughbook F9 Laptop from Panasonic is a lightweight unit that features a large 14.1" widescreen WXGA+ display, a DVD drive, and a handle. It also offers Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity options.
It has a circular scrolling touchpad for effortless scrolling through long documents and an integrated handle for easier portability. This unit also comes with a 320GB shock-mounted flex-connect hard drive, spill-resistant keyboard, and Intel Core i5 vPro processor, for added security and remote management.
- Innovative Design
- The engineers at Panasonic have designed this unit to be tougher, lighter, and easy to use. It comes with a compact shell drive and an easy-to-use circular scrolling touchpad. It is drop-resistant up to 30" which together with the additional features makes it a suitable tool for mobile professionals.
- Lightweight Rugged Design
- Inside and out, this mobile computer is engineered for mobility and durability. The magnesium alloy casing is light but strong and protects against electromagnetic waves along with providing good heat dispersion. The contoured lid makes it dramatically stronger than a flat lid design. In addition, an annular pipe around the outer edges of the top plate braces against pressure and prevents twisting, thus protecting the LCD from pressure. Inside, the LCD panel is supported by a floating design, which means that even if the lid were to be twisted, the LCD would not break easily.
- Drop Test
- Depending on the drop height and conditions of impact, the force of impact on the PC will be different. That's why Panasonic carries out free fall tests from three heights: 4 to 6" (to simulate the action of a careless drop onto a desk), 12" (to simulate the force of impact of a computer inside a bag being chucked onto a desk), and 30" (to simulate the fall of a computer that is knocked off a desk or dropped during carriage). All Toughbook business-rugged models must pass all of these tests as part of their rugged design.
- Spill-Resistant Keyboard
- A spill-resistant keyboard has been added as a standard feature to this unit. In the event of a spill, a waterproof keyboard, combined with a unique drain-through design, allows liquids to pass through and exit from the bottom of these mobile computers. Moreover, a drain-away design on the optical drive enclosure further protects them from liquid penetration. This reduces the risk of water damage and extends the life of the unit.
- Compact Shell DVD Drive
- This unit has a top-opening shell DVD drive that was developed by Panasonic based on the concept of portable CD players. By getting rid of the tray, screws, and other parts used in normal DVD tray drives, this business-rugged unit's DVD drive weighs less. And, because the shell drive is integrated directly into the body, the mobile computer body is 3 to 7 times stronger than with a tray type drive.
- Easy-to-use Circular Scrolling Touchpad
- In a mobile environment, it is often hard to use an external mouse. For pointer operation, this business rugged unit features a circular touchpad. Unlike square touchpads, the circular touchpad is extremely efficient and ergonomic, taking up only as much space as the user's fingers require. Additionally, it features an easy-to-use vertical scrolling capability by moving your fingers on the edge of the touchpad clockwise or counterclockwise. It can also be customized to suit your individual preferences.