The HDX SMPTE Hybrid Elimination Adapter Device with Power Supply from Telecast Fiber Systems connects a hybrid-cable-equipped Hitachi camera to a SHED-CCU unit via two single mode optical fiber cables. A single hybrid cable running from the HDX to the camera carries both the signals to/from the CCU and the power (from a local power source connected to the HDX). On the other side, the HDX connects to the SHED adapter unit by the CCU via the optical fiber cables, which can be up to 12.4 miles long. This powering method enables a greater distance between camera and CCU.
The HDX is optically passive, meaning that the optical signals to and from the camera are merely passed through the system. The electrical signals are interpreted to both allow the CCU to recognize that a camera is attached and to safely allow the local powering of the camera. All audio, video, and data signaling in the camera chain is maintained. This unit features re-clocking capability.
- Allows the use of conventional single-mode fiber cables
- Uses common ST connectors
- Extends distance limits of camera
- Provides power to camera, or permits local powering
- Built-in optical power meter
- Front panel status monitoring
- Safety interlock on HDX
- Remote shut-off of camera head (optional)
- Fast plug and play operation
- Can be used with TelePort 3G/TeleThon 3G for CWDM optical multiplexing
- All camera signals on lightweight fiber cable
- Digital SDI or HD-SDI program video
- HDX also supports CopperHead PowerPlus and powered POV Systems
- Re-clocking capability