The Sony VJBK-1TP100 Backpack Video Journalist Kit is a turnkey solution for news journalists packaged in a backpack designed for maximum protection of your gear, the kit includes a compact professional camcorder, wireless microphone system, headphones, Sony Vaio laptop, Xperia tablet, tripod, on-camera LED light, as well as cables and accessories. Suitable for use by video journalists, the VJBK-1TP100 includes the tools for capturing high-quality video, audio, lighting, and even prompting while out in the field.
The PMW-100 camcorder, Captures HD footage at up to 50 mb/s, features a 1/2.9" CMOS sensor and an integrated 10x Optical zoom lens. It records to SxS cards, or with available adapters to select SD, XDQ, and Memory Stick media. The included backpack offers storage space and protection for the camera and accessories (except the tripod); it also features a work mat and rain cover. The wireless lavalier lets you pin the mic on your talent, allowing them to move around, without having to worry about snagging a cable. The included handheld mic can be used wired or wirelessly, so the talent is ready to deliver the intro/outro, or use it to capture audio from the subject in man on street interviews. The included MDR-7506 headphones allow the camera operator to hear the audio during the shot or during play back when checking the footage.
The included tripod features a fluid head with a 75mm ball and legs with a built-in mid level spreader. The tripod features a working height range of 24.8 to 61.6" and comes with its own padded carry bag. The kit comes with an Xperia 10.1" tablet for notes and information. Using the included clamp, you can attach the tablet to the tripod legs, allowing the on camera talent a clear view of the tablet if they need it. The on camera LED light powers by select NPFV type or four AA sized batteries. Once your footage has been shot, you can use the included Sony Vegas Pro Edit software to assemble, edit, and finish your piece.
- The Sony PMW-100 XDCAM HD422 Handheld Camcorder offers broadcast-quality 50 Mb/s MPEG-2 recording at 1920 x 1080 in a very compact form factor. Even loaded with an SxS card and the packaged Li-ion battery, the PMW-100 weighs slightly less than 4 lb. That's a crucial benefit for any mobile documentarian or news gatherer who's operating handheld over the course of long days to cover events & news stories, conduct on-the-spot interviews, and capture video for just about any other professional task.
- The camcorder features a 1/2.9" CMOS sensor and 10x zoom lens that offers a 35mm equivalent focal length range of 40-400mm. The camera features servo control over zoom and focus, however, manual control over zoom is available via the Lens Control Ring, which can also be switched to control focus instead. Additionally there's a dial for manual exposure control. The PMW-100 employs a single 1920 x 1080 CMOS sensor (1/2.9" type) that's extremely sensitive, which makes the camcorder suitable for low-light videography. The camera incorporates a built-in infrared LED allowing you to shoot in complete darkness.
- The camera features HD/SD-SDI output and timecode input/output and genlock in, which simplifies integrating the camera into multi-camera shoots. There are also dual XLRs for audio, composite video out, and HDMI out.
- The camera features cache recording, which allows pre-recording up to 15 seconds of video. Continuous recording means that multiple clips can be recorded as a single file, which speeds ingest into your NLE. Selectable gamma curves offer fine control over the look you're capturing - there are six standard gamma curves and four HyperGamma settings, which match those of Sony's high-end CineAlta cameras.
- The Kata Pro-V 610 PL Backpack for HDV Camcorder/ HDSLR/ DSLR with Lenses is a versatile pack designed to carry a range of video equipment. The spacious Pro-V, made of durable ripstop-nylon and carries the camera, mics, tablet, and accessories. A fold-out tripod holder with a securing strap allows you to carry your video tripod.
- The slim, streamlined exterior provides full frontal access to the main compartment, while the four padded pouches in that compartment allow you to store and access your gear from both inside and outside the bag. These pouches feature a 4-color zipper identification system and conform to the shape and size of the gear within, offering both protection and efficient storage. The Aeriform dividers, camera sling divider, and top detachable pouch let you set up the interior according to your specific needs. At the rear of the pack, a large padded pocket snugly fits up to a 17" laptop. The fully adjustable harness system allows for comfortable, secure carrying, while the included all-purpose work mat keeps your gear and harness clean while you're setting up for shooting. Install the included elements cover black side out for rain protection, silver side out for sun protection.
- Gecko Harness & Spine Guard
- Molded EVA foam harness straps feature 3D tapered thickness to provide extra cushioning where it counts. The micro hatch texture secures position firmly and comfortably, while the shapely contour fits your body naturally. It also features a specially formed foam-encased steel spring spine for optimal structural protection.
Wireless Lavalier & Hand Held Mic
- Improved All Metal Construction
- The Sony UWP-V1 transmitter and receiver feature metal construction for maximum durability.
- Mic and Line Input Switch
- The transmitter features microphone and line level switching for transmitting microphones or line level signal sources.
- UHF Synthesized Frequencies
- Both transmitter and receiver provide 188 user selectable frequencies, providing plenty of options when interference is present.
- Space Diversity Receiver
- The receiver features a space diversity design, which simply chooses the strongest signal between the dual incoming signals, then sends that signal to output.
- Selectable RF Output
- The transmitter allows selection between 5mW output power and 30mW output. 5mW is suitable for indoor, simultaneous multi-channel operation while 30mW is intended for outdoor, long-range use.
- Comprehensive Display
- Both transmitter and receiver feature a comprehensive LED display providing channel and frequency information, battery life, total usage time, and more.
- Omnidirectional Lavelier
- A high-quality omnidirectional lavalier microphone provides the sonic quality needed to handle professional and non-professional applications.
- Enhanced Sound Quality
- The F-112 hand held mic delivers a high sensitivity of -54 dB (0 dB=1 V/Pa.), allowing clear voice pick-up from any direction.
- Wide Frequency Response
- The F-112 has a flat-and-wide frequency response (60 Hz to 17 kHz), which provides smooth and natural sound reproduction.
- Omni-Directional Pattern
- The omni-directional polar pattern maintains an even frequency response at off-axis and direct sections of the microphone capsule.
- Rugged Design
- The body is made of metal, offering a high level of durability to withstand severe conditions encountered in demanding sound pick-up scenarios.
- The MDR-7506 features an around-the-ear design. The headphone has a foldable design, making it convenient to store or transport, and its coiled cable allows it to stretch and spring back into place whenever you need a bit more reach.
- Neodymium magnets for maximum energy and minimum size.
- 40mm diameter drive units deliver deeper bass, lower distortion, and wider dynamic range
- OFC (oxygen free copper) cable and gold plated Unimatch plug provides both 1/8" mini-jack and 1/4"TRS phono connectivity.
- Coiled cable allows for better mobility and reach, while also preventing snags from tugging the headphones right off your ears
- Fluid Head
- The tripod features a fluid head with 75mm ball that has a load capacity of 12.2 pounds, with a spring loaded counterbalance and independent pan & tilt locks.
- This system features aluminum telescopic twin tube legs in 2 stages and 3 twin elliptic sections and a 75mm ball base.
- The included Vaio Laptop features an 11.6" screen with a native resolution of 1366 x 768, and is suitable for editing footage while in the field. In spite of its small size, the laptop is capable of importing and displaying 1920 x 1080 footage. It features a dual core AMD processor, USB 2.0 ports, an HDMI output, a 750GB, and wireless networking. The laptop runs Windows 8, and comes installed with 4GB of Ram. It is powered by a Lithium Ion battery with up to 4 hours and 15 minutes of running time.
Xperia Tablet Z
- The Sony 16GB Xperia Tablet Z features a 10.1" HD Reality Display with capacitive multi-touch capabilities and 1920 x 1200 resolution. It supports the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system, and it's equipped with 2GB of RAM and a 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon quad-core processor for fast multi-tasking and smooth switching between apps. This model affords 16GB of flash storage capacity as well. If that's not enough, you can use the microSD card slot to expand the memory by an additional 64GB.
- The Xperia Tablet Z features a plethora of connectivity options as well. For wireless connectivity, it's equipped with Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0. It also supports one-touch mirroring, backup, listening and sharing - thanks to the tablet's NFC-based tap and connect functionality. You can even connect the tablet to a compatible TV using an MHL adapter (sold separately). MHL allows you to mirror the tablet display on your TV. Plus, it charges your device as well. Other connectivity features include DLNA streaming via Wi-Fi and Smart Connect, which lets you adjust the setup regarding how your tablet behaves when it connects to other devices.
- For added durability, the Xperia Tablet Z is both water-resistant and dust-resistant. Plus, it features a tempered glass front panel with anti-shatter film. The tablet also features both front and rear cameras that are equipped with Sony's Exmor R for mobile image sensors. This affords better low-light shooting and high-quality video chatting - even in low light. The tablet's other major features include Adreno 320 graphics, Sony's Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2, compatibility with the universal remote control app, OmniBalance design symmetry and a convenient Battery STAMINA mode
- Arkon Tablet Clamp
- The Arkon TAB001, consists of a flex arm, and a universal tablet mount, allowing you to mount and position your tablet.
On-Camera LED Light
- The Sony HVL-LE1 Handycam Camcorder Light is a great way to illuminate your shots in low light situations. It's powered by select NPFV type batteries, or four AA alkaline or Ni-MH batteries and it even features a battery status LED that lets you know when your batteries are running low. The HVL-LE1 attaches to your camcorder accessory shoe. Plus, it comes with a diffuser, a color conversion filter (3200K), a barn door, an Alpha shoe adapter, and an ISO shoe adapter. However, it's not compatible with the Intelligent Accessory Shoe.
Vegas Pro 12 Edit
- Support for 60p, 4K, and 3D Projects
- Supports 1080p at 24, 25, and 30 frames per second, plus 4K and 60p. Vegas Pro 12 software natively supports frame sizes up to 4096 x 4096. In addition to working with these emerging standards, Vegas Pro 12 provides the ability to import, adjust, edit, preview, and output stereoscopic 3D media, using industry-standard professional delivery formats including single or dual files with side-by-side, top/bottom, or line-alternate encoding. Anaglyphic monitoring and output are also supported. Stereoscopic Auto-Pairing allows bulk pairing of stereoscopic 3D sub-clips on the timeline, with the ability to automatically pair stereoscopic 3D media using the 3D Link feature.
- Native Support for Popular File Formats
- Sony Vegas Pro can open and save most popular file formats. A brief and by no means exhaustive list includes AVCHD, H.264, RED .r3d, Sony/Panasonic MXF, RAW photos, PSD, PNG, TIFF, WMA, WMV, AA3, AAF, MOV, MP3, MP4, and more. Plus, Vegas Pro 12 improves on its ground-breaking "no transcode, no re-wrap" heritage by adding native format support for Panasonic P2 AVC-Intra and DVCPRO source material. By eliminating the transcode and re-wrap process required by some competitors, Vegas Pro 12 users can save valuable production time, minimize storage requirements, and preserve the pristine quality of the original source material.
- Import/Export Most Popular Project Files
- Sony Vegas Pro 12 can import and export a wide range of project files. The built-in software can convert between the native .veg file and AAF for Avid ProTools, XML for Apple Final Cut Pro 7, Final Cut Pro X (export only), and DaVinci Resolve 8, and .prproj for Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 and After Effects CS6.
- Smart Proxy Workflow
- Create high-performance, edit-friendly Smart Proxy clips in the Project Media view, to achieve faster playback on a wider variety of hardware. Media will automatically and dynamically switch from original to proxy based on the Preview playback settings. To ensure optimum quality, original media files will be used for the final render.
- Video Effects and Compositing
- Vegas Pro 12 is a full-featured compositing and effects application. Combine up to 32 effects per Effects Chain and apply them at the Event, Track, Media, or Project level. Parent-Child tracks and sophisticated 2D and 3D compositing modes create a flexible effects environment, with an advanced plug-in architecture based on OpenFX for hundreds of optional effects from leading visual effects plug-in developers. Import layered Photoshop files with each layer on its own track to create custom keyframeable motion graphics sequences and overlays. Work in 8-bit mode for speed or 32-bit floating point mode for optimal color processing precision.
- System Wide Media Management
- Vegas Pro 12 software contains extensive capture, import, and export support for video and audio devices. The integrated Device Explorer enables you to quickly browse the files on a connected camcorder and transfer only those needed for the project. Vegas Pro 12 also supports legacy tape-based formats, with full "print to tape" functionality. For XDCAM Optical customers, the XDCAM Explorer provides a complete and extensive proxy workflow with metadata support. HDCAM SR encoding is now available in Vegas Pro 12, for extremely high-quality mastering and archiving.
- Media Tagging and Smart Bins
- Quickly categorize your media with customizable tags. A Media Tag can be applied to the entire clip or to a region of a clip. As each clip is tagged, it will automatically be organized into appropriately named Media Bins. Quick Search enables instant filtering of media based on a single text field. The Search Media dialog facilitates more complex searches using multiple conditions, and makes the bins it creates "smart." Smart Bins will update automatically if any media tags are changed or if new media gets added that matches the search criteria.
- Optimized for 64-bit Operating Systems
- 64-bit operating systems are the best choice for high-end performance, especially when working with demanding HD, 3D, 2K, and 4K content. By focusing exclusively on 64-bit operating systems, Vegas Pro 12 overcomes many of the limitations of legacy 32-bit software/hardware architecture. Optimizing exclusively for today's 64-bit systems will enable users to enjoy superior performance and improved stability for memory-intensive projects and formats.
- Comprehensive Input/Output Support
- Professional editors can use an SDI or HDMI connection with a line-alternate 3D display to deliver a high-end preview experience. Vegas Pro 12 software provides support for industry-leading stereoscopic 3D formats. In addition, audio monitoring can be routed to the SDI output of a supported AJA or Blackmagic Design video preview device. Vegas Pro 12 also features support for external control surfaces and Genlock control for synchronizing AJA video device output to a reference signal.
- Updated Project Media View
- The updated Vegas Pro Explorer now features a Thumbnail View, and supports Windows Libraries including My Songs, My Videos, and My Pictures. Auto-text fill and breadcrumb control similar to Windows Explorer lets you quickly navigate to previous directories on your system. Using CTRL+ the mouse wheel scales the thumbnail images for added image detail during browsing. Thumbnails are now optimized for 16:9, and media that is a different aspect ratio than the project will appear letter-boxed or side-pillared. A more prominent border around the thumbnails clearly highlights selected clips. Right-clicking on the thumbnail and selecting Select Timeline Events locates the clip on the timeline, where you can use Ctrl+ to move between selected events.
- Bezier, Shape, and FX Masking Tools
- The Vegas Pro Bezier Masking Tool is powerful and accurate, but for masking simple shapes the new rectangle/square and oval/circle Masking Tools make it easy to mask portions of the media by drawing the desired shape over the appropriate areas. FX Masking allows users to mask an effect rather than just the image itself. This is particular useful for quickly blurring or pixelating an area of a video clip, to hide a logo, license plate, or a person's face.
- Comprehensive S-log Workflow
- Using OpenColorIO technology developed by Sony Pictures Imageworks, Vegas Pro 12 supports S-log via the Academy Color Encoding System (ACES) color space standard. Vegas Pro 12 is an end-to-end S-log solution, with the ability to apply the appropriate LUT (Look-up Table) during the editing process, based on the display device and the creative goals of the production team. The edited project can be encoded to a wide range of formats, using ACES-defined color space standards as well as other popular non-ACES standards.
- Panasonic P2 Support
- Ingest P2 media using Vegas Pro's Device Explorer, and edit the DVCPRO 25/50/100 and AVC-Intra 50/100 MXF files natively.
- User Interface Enhancements
- Multiple UI updates will help new users become familiar with Vegas Pro and improve the editing experience for current Vegas Pro users. Included in the Enhancements: a new Toolbar Icon for Splitting, a yellow border that outlines the most recently added clip on the timeline, large blue handles on timeline events make it easier to grab the various interactive event modifiers, and more comprehensive tool tips, describing not just the name of the tool but also what the tool does.
- Color Match
- Match colors between clips in the L*a*b* color space. The Color Match plug-in offers several options to capture the desired Color Data. Choose a preset from the Preset drop-down list or use the Image Source controls to choose the image you want to match. "Use Trimmer Image" copies the image from the Trimmer window, while "Browse for Image" lets you navigate to an image file on your system drive. You can also copy the source image to the clipboard in another application then click the "Paste from Clipboard" button in the Color Match plug-in. "Clip from Screen" causes the cursor to change to a crosshair so you can capture a portion of your screen for Color Matching.
- HDCAM SR (SStP) Mastering
- Encode to all flavors of the HDCAM SR mastering format, including the 220 Mbps SR Lite and the 880 Mbps SR 444. HDCAM SR is a very high-quality recording and mastering format based on MPEG-4 SStP (Simple Studio Profile). A full range of format templates are included, and the rendered MXF files are compatible with HDCAM SR camcorders, VTRs, and SR Memory solid state recording devices.
- 64-bit Audio Plug-ins
- Previously, a number of Sound Forge Pro audio plug-ins were available only as 32-bit versions and could only be used in the 32-bit edition of Vegas Pro. These plug-ins have been updated for compatibility with Vegas Pro 12, which is a 64-bit native application. The updated software includes the four Noise Reduction 2.0 plug-ins (Audio Restoration, Click and Crackle Removal, Clipped Peak Restoration, and Noise Reduction), along with Acoustic Mirror, Zplane élastique Pro timestretch, and Wave Hammer.
- Vertical Docking Windows
- Experience added flexibility in your window layouts with vertical docking windows in the window docking area and floating docks.
- Render Progress and Completion Indicators
- Render progress is now displayed in the Windows taskbar. A user-definable sound is played upon the completion of a render. The default sound is the Windows chime.
- GPU Acceleration and OpenFX Enhancements
- Take advantage of the system's GPU to improve the timeline performance and rendering speeds when Titles & Text clips are used in a project. The OpenFX extension for GPU rendering using OpenGL textures, allowing third-party OpenFX plug-ins that use OpenGL to leverage the power of the GPU more effectively within the Vegas Pro OpenCL architecture. Also on-screen position controls to the Video Preview. Updates to the OpenFX Properties UI have created much better use of the screen real estate by making the slider control area wider and reducing the size of the numeric field space.