The left channel KH 310 Three-Way Active Studio Monitor from Neumann is a tri-amplified monitor capable of a total of 290-watts of continuous output. It is designed for use as a near-field monitor as well as in multi-channel systems as a front or rear loudspeaker, and can be used for tracking, mixing, and mastering applications. The KH 310 features a 8.25" woofer, a 3" midrange driver, and a 1" tweeter that are housed in a sealed, 3-way cabinet designed to reduce standing waves and assist in fast bass transient response.
Neumann's Elliptical Mathematically Modeled Dispersion (MMD) waveguide was implemented with the application of mixing at a large-format console in mind. It provides a smoother off-axis response, essentially widening the KH 310's "sweet spot" and allowing you to move across the console without a decrease in audio quality. Coupled with the 4-position bass, low-mid, and treble acoustic controls, it allows the KH 310 to function ideally in a variety of acoustic environments.
The KH 310 can be mounted in a variety of positions thanks to its integrated mounting points. The included self-adhesive feet help provide stability when mounting on speaker stands.
- Alloy fabric dome for low-distortion high-frequency reproduction
- Elliptical Mathematically Modeled Dispersion (MMD) waveguide, with wide horizontal and narrow vertical dispersion for Smoother off-axis response, more forgiving of diverse acoustical environments, freedom of movement across the mixing console, reduces reflections off the mixing console
- In-house simulated drivers for modeling techniques used to minimize non-linear(intermodulation) distortion
- The fabric dome, neodymium magnet, midrange driver reproduces important midrange frequencies, which is important for speech and vocals. The lightweight dome has better transient response and less breakup modes than cone designs while the magnet reduces harmonic and intermodulation distortion
- The long throw composite sandwich cone bass driver with Extremely Linear Force Factor (ELFF) and ribbed surround provide damping of break-up modes and low distortion at high sound levels. Linear pistonic motor gives a very low harmonic distortion even at high excursions Reduced radial break-up modes on the ribbed surround
- The dual color, dimmable Neumann logo displays operation status and activation of the extensive protection system. It is dimmable for low lighting level conditions or behind the screen applications
- A magnetically shielded compact sealed three-way cabinet design prevents standing wave resonances and allows for fast bass transient response while reducing intermodulation distortion in midrange
- The speaker is designed with a one-piece front panel that has no discontinuities for reduced diffraction and smoother frequency response
- The Class AB amplifiers assure large headroom and improved transient response
- The woofer, midrange dome, and tweeter have independent thermo limiters to protect the voice coils
- Hand alignment in the final test stage allows any KH 310 to be "pair matched" to any other HK 310
- 4-position bass, low-mid, and treble acoustical controls
- An integrated ground lift helps reduce noise in less than ideal electrical environments or in case of ground loops
- The KH 310 has a variety of mounting hardware options for placement in diverse locations