The Aspire S7-392-9890 Multi-Touch 13.3" Ultrabook Computer from Acer features a chassis that measures just 0.51" thin and weighs just 2.87 pounds. The patented dual-torque hinge makes it easy to open the Acer Aspire S7 with one hand and keeps the display free from movement when using the 13.3" touchscreen. The hinge can also allows the display to open completely flat against a desk so you can share the screen with others.
The 13.3" touchscreen utilizes the multi-touch gestures integrated in Windows 8 with 10-point touch support. The display is LED-backlit, has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution, supported by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4400. The touchscreen also has in-plane switching (IPS) technology, which allows for wider viewing angles and uniform color reproduction.
The system is powered by a dual-core 4th generation Haswell 1.8GHz Intel Core i7-4500U processor. It also has 8GB of onboard DDR3 RAM, a 256GB solid state drive, a Secure Digital (SD) media card reader, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, Intel Wireless Display (WiDi), an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with Dolby Home Theater v4 audio enhancement.
Windows 8 is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
Acer Aspire S7
- Dual-Core 4th-Gen Haswell Intel Core i7 Performance
- The Acer Aspire S7 houses a 4th generation Haswell Intel Core i7-4500U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.8GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 3.0GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. The 4th generation Haswell processor uses low voltage to extend battery life without sacrificing performance. With a dedicated 4MB L3 cache, 8GB of onboard DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to push the dual cores up to four virtual cores for quick and efficient multitasking
- 13.3" Full HD LED-Backlit IPS Touchscreen
- With an emphasis on touch navigation in Windows 8, the Aspire S7 utilizes the multi-touch gestures with its 13.3" capacitive touchscreen. You'll be able to swipe, tap and zoom your way around the Start screen with ease. The display features a 16:9 aspect ratio and has a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution, powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4400. You can also output video to an external display via the HDMI port
- Intel Wireless Display (WiDi)
- The 13.3" LED-backlit widescreen display works great while on the road, but the Acer Aspire S7 also lets you stream content to your HDTV wirelessly. With built-in Intel Wireless Display (WiDi) technology, you can view all your photos and videos wirelessly on an Intel WiDi compatible external display. You can also use displays without built-in Intel WiDi technology by using an optional TV adapter, such as the Netgear Push2TV (sold separately). Please make sure you have the latest WiDi firmware updates on both your Acer Aspire S7 and your HDTV so you can experience all your content in Full HD 1080p
- Stay Connected
- The Acer Aspire S7 connects to the Internet wirelessly with 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi. It also has Bluetooth 4.0 technology so you'll be able to use Bluetooth-enabled peripherals, such as a wireless mouse or keyboard. There are also two USB 3.0 ports if you need a wired connection to a USB-compliant device. One of the USB 3.0 ports can also charge your USB-compatible device even when the Acer Aspire S7 is shut down
- Dolby Home Theater v4
- Dolby Home Theater v4 aims to fix all the problems typically associated with laptop audio, such as tinny sound, weak volume, buzzing and rattling. Experience full-impact surround sound with Dolby Home Theater v4 on your Acer Aspire S7
- Acer Technology
The Acer Aspire S7 features the following:
- Acer TwinAir cooling technology pulls cool air in and pushes warm air out so the Acer Aspire S7 is always comfortable to touch and hold
- Acer Green Instant On resumes your Acer Aspire S7 from sleep in less than 1.5 seconds and from deep sleep in about 6 seconds
- Acer Instant Connect gets you connected to the Internet quickly and efficiently by automatically connecting to previous Wi-Fi networks you've visited as soon as they're in range
- AcerCloud automatically syncs your data across all your computers, mobile phones and tablets, and allows you to share information among all your devices through the AcerCloud. If you already have an Acer ID, you can sign in to start synchronizing and sharing your data
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen
- Seamless Integration of Multi-Touch Gestures
- Windows 8 supports multi-touch gestures. Now, you can use your keyboard, mouse or the touchpad using simple gestures. Whether you're browsing apps, reading a book or typing on the go with touch, you'll be able to seamlessly switch between all three interactive components. With the touchpad, Windows 8 allows you to use multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag, tap, slide, pinch-to-zoom and more
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it