The IdeaCentre C540 Touch 57315603 Multi-Touch 23" All-in-One Desktop Computer from Lenovo features a 23" LED-backlit touchscreen with 5-point touch support. You'll be able to utilize the multi-touch gestures integrated into Windows 8 to get the full touch experience. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution so you'll be able to watch 1080p HD content without upscaling. The IdeaCentre C540 has an HDMI port so you'll be able to display video on an external screen.
The system is powered by a dual-core 3.0GHz Intel Pentium G2030 processor. It also has 4GB of 1333MHz DDR3 RAM, a 1TB 7200rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, a multi-format media card reader, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers. The Lenovo IdeaCentre C540 also comes with a USB keyboard and mouse.
Windows 8 is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
- Dual-Core Intel Pentium Performance
- The Lenovo IdeaCentre C540 Touch houses an Intel Pentium G2030 processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 3.0GHz. With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache and 4GB of 1333MHz DDR3 RAM, you'll be able to experience reliable performance
- 23" Full HD LED-Backlit Touchscreen
- The Lenovo IdeaCentre C540 has a 23" widescreen display backlit with LED lights for energy efficiency. The display is also a touchscreen with 5-point touch support so you'll be able to utilize the multi-touch gestures incorporated into Windows 8. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution. The native resolution allows you to play 1080p HD content natively without upscaling. You can also output video to an external display via the HDMI port
- Wireless Connectivity
- If you want the most reliable Internet connection, you'll want to utilize the 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet LAN RJ-45 jack on the Lenovo IdeaCentre C540. If you would rather go wireless, then the 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi will more than suffice
- Get Started Right Out of the Box
- The Lenovo IdeaCentre C540 is an all-in-one desktop computer that comes with a USB mouse and keyboard. This allows you to start using your computer right out of the box without having to purchase additional accessories
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen
- Seamless Integration Between Touch, Keyboard & Mouse
- Windows 8 supports multi-touch gestures. Now, you can use your keyboard, mouse or the touchscreen using simple gestures. Whether you're browsing apps, reading a book or typing on the go with touch, you'll be able to seamlessly switch between all three interactive components. With the touchscreen, Windows 8 allows you to use multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag, tap, slide, pinch-to-zoom and more
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it