This boxed CD-ROM version of FilmPack 4 Essential Edition Image Processing Software from DxO allows you to apply analog film effects to your digital photos. In this edition of FilmPack 4, you have a number of different effects: thirteen different black and white film types, twenty-two color film types, eight filters, six different tones, and thirty-three different film grain settings. Additionally, benefit from ten designer color and black and white presets offering vintage effects, aged looks and improbable tints.
You can create and save your own parameters for intensity, grain, and contrast so that you can apply them to other images. Plus, create vignettes around images. DxO FilmPack 4's intuitive controls let you precisely control the intensity and even the orientation of your effects.
New to version 4: Store the presets you most frequently use in the Favorites tab, and reproduce the processing settings you've applied to your images by printing them directly from DxO FilmPack. You can also take advantage of the cropping tool.
FilmPack 4 features a simple, quick interface that lets you easily process all of your images and allows you to categorize presets for your photos. While FilmPack 4 can work as a standalone program, it also can work as a plug-in for the following programs: DxO Optics Pro 8.2 and higher; Adobe Photoshop CS3, CS4 (32 & 64 bit), CS5 (32 & 64 bit) and CS6 (32 & 64 bit); Adobe Photoshop Elements 9, 10 and 11; Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3, 4 and 5; and Apple Aperture 3.
- Black and White Film
Advanced calibration technology allows you to rediscover the magic of B&W photography.
DxO FilmPack faithfully reproduces legendary film types from brands such as Kodak, Fuji and Polaroid. Choose from among 13 different black and white film simulations:
Agfa APX 25: very fine grain, high contrast
Fuji Neopan Acros 100: very fine grain film, soft style
Ilford Delta 400: very fine grain photojournalism film
Ilford Delta 3200: ultra high-speed coarse tabular grain film
Ilford HP5 Plus 400: high speed, visible medium grain film
Ilford Pan F Plus 50: very fine grain, high contrast film
Kodak BW 400 CN: chromogenic, ultra fine grain film
Kodak HIE: high speed infrared
Kodak T-max 100: ultra fine grain portrait and landscape film
Kodak T-max 400: fine grain photojournalism film
Kodak T-max 3200: ultra high-speed coarse tabular grain film
Kodak Tri-X 400: high speed grainy photojournalism film
Polaroïd 664: soft rendering
- Color Film
DxO FilmPack applies the colors, saturation, and contrast of analog film to your digital photos. Reproduce the natural colors and low contrast of a Kodak Portra 160 NC film, the look of a Polaroid film for imitating old photos, and the contrast and dazzling colors of Fuji Velvia 50 film.
The following positive color film effects are included:
Fuji Astia 100 F: soft film, great for portraits and night scenes
Fuji Provia 100 F: neutral all-purpose film
Fuji Provia 400 X: saturated film, great for photojournalism and landscapes
Fuji Velvia 50: highly saturated film, ideal for landscapes and travel
Kodak Elite 100 - Cross processed: positive film showing a negative film treatment (green-yellow dominant)
Kodak Kodachrome 25: fairly cold film for landscapes and seventies rendering
Kodak Kodachrome 64: reddish film for landscape, studio and photojournalism work
Kodak Kodachrome 64 - Generic: oldest Kodak Kodachrome 64 emulation
Kodak Kodachrome 200: saturated film for dark shadows, photojournalism
Kodak Ektachrome 100 GX: neutral, saturated film for portraits, photojournalism
Kodak Ektachrome 100 VS: saturated film for landscapes
Polaroid Polachrome: cold film with lined canvas
Fuji Astia 100 - Generic: oldest Fuji Astia 100 emulation
Fuji Provia 100 - Generic: oldest Fuji Provia 100 emulation
Fuji Velvia 100 - Generic: oldest Fuji Velvia 100 emulation
Kodak Ektachrome 100 VS - Generic: oldest Kodak Ektachrome 100 VS emulation
The below negative color film effects are included:
Agfa Ultra 100: highly saturated film for landscape and studio shots
Agfa Vista 200: all-purpose, saturated, "general public" film
Fuji Superia 200: all-purpose, mass public film
Fuji Superia 200 - Cross processed: negative film showing a positive film treatment (blue dominant)
Fuji Superia X-tra 800: high speed film with saturated colors for photojournalism
Kodak Portra 160 NC: portrait and wedding film with natural colors and low contrast
- Designer Presets
In addition to all the traditional film simulations, try out the following original effects from DxO:
Beauty: cool colors for flesh tones
Blurred: a bit washed out and granular
Cool TV: like a television in the 1950s
Darkroom: highly-contrasted black and white with strong vignetting, as seen in the earliest photographs
Lo-Fi: washed-out colors, as seen in film that was very old when processed
Lunar green: quasi-exclusive dominant green rendering
Nostalgia: dominant sepia and increased contrast
Sepia: a warm brownish tone
Silent movie: dense black and white, with a 1930s movie ambiance
The software offers the following tones:
FilmPack 4 includes the following filters:
- Film Grain Settings
- DxO FilmPack offers you the beauty of silver halide film grain. Add faithful imitations of film grain to your digital photos to rediscover the authentic quality of film or lend character to your images. Many different grain settings are available.
- Create Your Own Film Types
- This version of FilmPack lets you create and save your own film types. Save your own parameters for intensity, grain, and contrast and apply them easily to other images in your photo library.
- Creative Vignetting
- FilmPack lets you shade the borders of your images to create a particular atmosphere or to draw attention to the center of your image. Vignetting effects become a real asset in bringing an even greater dimension of originality to your images. Adjust your vignetting effects with the help of several intuitive cursor controls.
- Standalone Application and Plug-in
Using the software as a standalone application, you can apply the available photo effects to your images instantly and directly process your TIFF and JPEG images in just a few clicks.
As a plug-in, DxO FilmPack integrates seamlessly with your other image processing software. It's compatible with the following programs: DxO Optics Pro 8.2 and higher; Adobe Photoshop CS3, CS4 (32 & 64 bit), CS5 (32 & 64 bit) and CS6 (32 & 64 bit); Adobe Photoshop Elements 9, 10 and 11; Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3, 4 and 5; and Apple Aperture 3. Maintain your workflow while enhancing your Adobe or Apple solutions. In plug-in mode for DxO Optics Pro, you can also directly process RAW images by applying color and grain renderings right onto them.
- Display Options
- Use different display options to compare your original and corrected images. Categorized presets are accessible in just one click, and both the control panel and the histogram can be hidden or displayed according to your preferences. Show or hide the different panes according to your preferences, and easily access effects and advanced settings grouped in the tabs in the controls panel.
What's New in Version 4?
- Favorite Presets
- Find the presets that you most frequently use in the new Favorites tab. Just click on the star icon at the top of the thumbnail of the preset that you want to select, and it will automatically be displayed in the Favorites tab. You no longer need to keep scrolling through the presets pane to find what you want.
- Save time and perfectly reproduce the processing settings you've applied to your images by printing them directly from DxO FilmPack. With just a few clicks, restore all the emotion of art prints, and perfectly reproduce all the settings you've applied to your images: presets, effects, toning, etc.
- Redesigned Interface
- Entirely redesigned, DxO FilmPack 4's user interface makes it easier for you to more freely explore the available renderings and settings, and to master the software more quickly. The controls panel has also been completely redesigned: A button lets you switch between and display just controls for color film or those for black and white, and tool palettes have been restructured to group all correction settings in one tab and all effects in the other.
- The new Crop tool lets you easily change the proportions of your image by using an adjustable grid divided into thirds (both horizontally and vertically), enabling perfect compositions.
- Preset Search
- Easily access any of DxO FilmPack 4's 90 presets by using the new search tool that lets you quickly find what you want.